The Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT)
The Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT) - the independent/external agency charged with helping rescue and assisting schools and colleges in California - released a positive report after evaluating the financial health of the Compton Community College District through its Fiscal Health Risk Analysis (FHRA). The review noted that the District has a low probability (10.7%) of fiscal insolvency in the near future. According to the FCMAT Fiscal Health Risk Analysis index, high risk is considered 40% or higher, moderate is 25-39%, and low risk is 24% and lower.
This favorable ranking reflects the District's ongoing efforts to develop a strong financial structure that addresses the needs of today's operations and well into the future.
Important highlights from the report include recommendations to:
- Enable the Compton Community College District Board of Trustees to continue its work with full oversight of the District.
- Develop and adopt a five-year plan that aligns projected earned revenues with expenses.
- Address concerns about our future student enrollment.
All Fiscal Health Risk Analysis recommendations are included on pages 21 and 22. An action plan to address these recommendations is under development.
- FCMAT Report January 2022 (PDF)
- CCCCO - Compton CCD Management Letter- 5-16-2017 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report August 2016 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report August 2015 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report October 2014 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report November 2013 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report November 2012 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report November 2010 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report January 2010 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report June 2009 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report September 2008 (PDF)
- FCMAT Report January 2008 (PDF)
- September 25, 2007 FCMAT Monitoring Form
- Extraordinary Audit of the CCCD (Fiscal Years 2003-04, 2004-05)
- 2007 Comprehensive Review - CCCCO News Release
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office Follow-Up Letter06/08/2005 - management review of the Compton Community College District
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office Report 10/15/2004 - management review of the Compton Community College District