Graduation applications can only be filed online through the MyCompton student self-service portal. Late graduation applications will not be considered.
Spring 2024 Filing Period: January 2 - March 13, 2024
Counseling and Admissions & Records is hosting Spring 2024 graduation application workshops. You will be able to:
- Check your eligibility for an associate degree, associate degree for Transfer or certificate
- For a complete check, have all unofficial college transcripts from all colleges attended
- Review the online graduation submission process
- Ensure your major is on file correctly
The workshops will be held in-person and virtually. You are encouraged to RSVP to attend virtual workshops.
|Wednesday January 17
|5:30 - 6:30pm
|Monday January 29
|11:00am - Noon
|Wednesday February 14
|5:30 - 6:30pm
|Thursday February 29
|2:00 - 3:00pm
|Wednesday March 6
|5:30 - 6:30pm
|Monday March 11th
|11:00am - 12:00pm
Apply to Graduate
There are two ways to access the online graduation application.
- Log in to MyCompton.
- (Option 1) After clicking the red Student Services tile, click the Apply to Graduate link under Additional Links to submit your Graduation Application, or
- (Option 2) Click the red Apply to Graduate tile in your MyCompton portal.
All majors or programs must be active on your record to apply to graduate with that major, or you will not be able to apply.To change, add, or remove a major or academic program to your record, submit a Add/Change of Major request to the Counseling Department. The form is available in your MyCompton portal and can be accessed by clicking the red Add/Change a Major tile. If active on your record, you will be able to apply for the following degrees and certificates:
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Arts for Transfer
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Science for Transfer
- Certificate of Accomplishment and Certificate of Achievement
- You must submit a separate application for each degree and/or certificate. Click here for Instructions on how to Change your Major.
- To view the status of your Graduation Application, select the View Application link.
The fall graduation application is usually available between September to October, and the Spring graduation application is usually available January to March.
Utilize the step by step instructions on how to submit the Online Graduation Application through your MyCompton student portal.
Click the red tile in your MyCompton portal to Add and/or Change a Major.
The evaluation process takes about 8 -10 weeks. You will receive necessary updates as your graduation application is reviewed. Check your @Compton email address regularly.
Transcripts from Other Colleges
If you took classes or are taking classes at another institution, you must SUBMIT
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS from each college to the Admissions & Records Office for review.
Failure to do this in a timely manner will cause a delay in processing your application
or prevent a student from graduating in their desired term. Official transcripts from
college(s) may be sent electronically (preferred method) or mailed directly to:
Attn: Admissions and Records
1111 E. Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
Admissions and Records has a submission deadline for acceptance of official incoming transcripts for graduation evaluation purposes. Official transcripts from other colleges must be on file in the Admissions & Records Office by the deadline dates listed below. The submission date for Fall and Spring semesters will be the Friday two weeks after the graduation application deadline. The Summer cutoff will be the Thursday two weeks after the graduation application deadline. If transcripts are not on file by the submission deadline, your application may be denied and you will need to reapply during the next application filing period.
Please Note: Coursework listed on transcripts from other colleges will be used to calculate the students final graduation GPA. Additionally, transcripts submitted from other colleges may impact a student's financial aid status or financial aid eligibility status.
|Incoming Transcript Submission Deadline*
|Transcript Cutoff Date
|Friday, October 27, 2023
|Wednesday,March 27, 2024
|Thursday, August 1, 2024
*These are received by dates, not requested, or mailed by dates. If transcripts are not received by the cutoff date, the student will have to reapply for the next graduation application filing period.
Students enrolled in classes at another college during the period they applied for graduation, must inform the Evaluation Specialist. Student must submit an unofficial transcript or proof of enrollment to the Evaluation Specialist, Felecia Hatten at firstname.lastname@example.org, by the dates listed above.
The following must be completed to be fully considered and accepted as a candidate for graduation:
- Minimum GPA for your degree must be met
- Degree requirements must be satisfied, completed, or in progress
Go to the Course Catalog to view graduation requirements for the current academic year in the College Catalog
Review the following requirements to make sure you are eligible for graduation.
- Associate of Arts requirements
- Associate of Science requirements
- Certificates of Achievement and Accomplishments requirements
- CSU General Education and UC General Education requirements
- IGETC requirements
The commencement ceremony is held on the last day of the spring semester. Degrees for spring graduates are mailed in October. Degrees for summer and fall graduates are mailed in June of the following year.
Meet with a Counselor
Prior to filing the Intent to Graduate and/or the Petition for a Certificate, it is highly recommended that students see a counselor before their final term at Compton College. This will ensure that students meet the requirements for their degree and/or certificate.
- Certificate of Accomplishments are not eligible for honors status and will not be invited to participate in graduation. Only degree recipients are eligible to receive honor cords. Be sure to update the evaluator of any updates or changes.
- Update your mailing address to ensure receipt of your diploma or certificate.
- Fall Diplomas: mailed March - April
- Spring Diplomas: mailed September - October
- Summer Diplomas: mailed November - December
- Winter Diplomas: mailed April - May