Compton College, the Compton Community College District, and the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office are working together to ensure that our students have a safe and supportive learning environment so they can build better futures for themselves and their families. Furthermore, we are committed to ensuring that students' confidential information will remain private and inaccessible to everyone, including law enforcement, except through judicial orders.
- Resource Guide: Defending Immigrant Youth Post DACA(CIPC)
- Steps to Prepare for Your DACA Renewal(E4FC)
- Renew your DACA from the Department of Homeland Security
- DACA fact sheet from Define American
- Resources for Undocumented Students provided by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office.
- CHIRLA (Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights) is currently hosting legal clinics every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. CHIRLA opens their doors at 8 a.m. and host their clinics at 2533 W. 3rd Street, Suite 101, Los Angeles, CA 90057. CHIRLA are currently prioritizing DACA renewals; however, that shouldn't deter folks from coming in for legal consultations and screenings. If attorneys are interested in volunteering, please contact Luis Perez, CHIRLA's Legal Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the Ready California events calendar to locate DACA renewal assistance clinics taking place all over California.
- For legal advice, visit Getting Legal Help
- Know Your Rights (English & Spanish) (National Immigrant Law Center)
- Know Your Rights Card (Immigrant Legal Resource Center). The ILRC's Red Cards help people assert their rights and defend themselves in many situations, such as when ICE agents go to a home.
- Mission Asset Fund (nationwide) is offering $495 scholarships to cover the cost of the DACA renewal fee.
- Crowdfunding and Funds for DACA renewals (nationwide): a list of crowdfunding campaigns and funds that will be offering financial assistance to those who are filing DACA renewal applications.
- The Mexican Consulate (nationwide) has announced that it will be providing legal and financial assistance to those needing to submit a DACA renewal application. Contact the nearest Mexican Consulate to you to get more details about specific eligibility requirements as they may vary by location
- Scholarship sources such as scholarships.com and fastweb.com offer information on scholarships available for DACA students.