High School Student Enrollment Info

Steps to Enrollment

High Achieving K-8 Students:

In addition to steps listed in Regular K-12, you also need to submit the following items for requesting enrollment: 

  1. Letter from Principal
  2. Letter from Parent/Legal Guardian
  3. Unofficial transcripts
  4. Letter of Recommendation from a High School English Teacher that provides examples of the following:
    1. Demonstrates the student's college-readiness level (time management, study skills, reading comprehension and writing ability, etc. 
    2. Offers evidence of maturity (ability to be initiative-taking to complete assignments and homework
    3. Provides evidence of being a well-rounded student (school activities or extracurricular activities)

  • Frequently Asked Questions
    How do I Add/Drop Classes?
    Login to MyCompton to add or drop classes. Click on "Student Services"
    • Select Term
    • In the Find Classes tab, search for classes by clicking on the Subject field (e.g.  English) and hit Search
    • Click  Add to add the course to your schedule.
    • Class is now listed in the Summary. Click on Submit. If no open seats are available, you will be prompted to choose another class or be put on the waitlist.
    • More How To's
    Do I need to attend class?
    Students who enroll in a class but do not attend the first scheduled class meeting may be dropped from the roster. Additionally, their place in the class will be given to students on the waiting list. If an illness or emergency prevents a student from attending the first class session, the student must contact the instructor. A student who registers for a class and never attends is still responsible for dropping the class. Failure to properly drop a class by the appropriate deadline may result in a “W” and may hold the student responsible for all fees associated with the class. The burden of proof is on the student

    How Do I Drop or Withdrawal my classes?
    It is the student’s responsibility to officially withdrawal from class. Failure to do so may result in a letter grade of F. A student who fails to properly register or add a class will not receive credit for that class. Adding after the deadline is prohibited.
    • Login to MyCompton to add or drop classes. Click on "Student Services"
    • Select Term
    • On your Profile Page, click the Registration and Planning link on the left navigation panel
    • Click on Register for Classes
    • Select Term
    • Locate the class in the lower right corner in the summary window select the class to drop, select the action drop down box and select the appropriate drop code. Click Submit. The status will update to drop/withdrawal and a Save Successful message will appear.
    How do refunds work?
    If a student drops after the refund deadline, fees will not be refunded. Any class subsequently added will require will require additional fees. It is the student’s responsibility to process an official withdrawal from class. Failure to do so may result in a letter grade of F.

    What if I need to a request a different course section?
    Students who want to request a section transfer to a different section must complete a Section Level Transfer form.Transfer requests must be submitted for classes that are the same course and start/end dates

    How can I clear Prerequisites/Corequisites?
    Students wishing to enroll in a class with a math or English prerequisite will need a Compton College counselor to clear prerequisites. High school counselors cannot clear prerequisites for college courses. 

    Where can I find my registration Time Ticket?
    • Go to www.Compton.edu
    • Click on MyCompton
    • Sign in with username and password. If you need assistance with activating your account, visit the MyCompton Support page
    • Click on the Student Services Tile
    • On Profile Page click on Term above your Name and Profile
    • Choose term
    • Click on Registration Notices. A drop-down list with your time ticket for the term will be displayed 
    Am I a real college student?
    When you enroll in classes at Compton College, you are considered a college student and are expected to act accordingly.  Please familiarize yourself with policies, procedures, the college calendar, and your rights as a student by reading the class schedule and purchasing a college catalog from the Bookstore.

    How long does it take to process my application?
    Processing usually occurs within 3-5 business days from the time you submit your OpenCCC application. Dual Enrollment applications are processed within the same 3-5 business days.

    How do my parents access my records?
    When you enroll in classes at Compton College, parents lose some rights afforded to you by the K-12 system.  According to FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), any business you conduct on behalf of your college student must be with the student's written consent. A Release of Information Form must be on file in order to access your child's educational records. K-12 students enrolled in college are considered college students, whether they are a minor. This means if calling in to Compton College, the student must be the person of contact regardless of age.

    What courses are restricted?
    High school students may not enroll in PE activity classes.

    Do I receive Enrollment Priority ?
    Dual enrolled students do no receive registration priority registration. Dual enrolled students receive Tier 4 registration priority. Once a dual enrolled student graduates high school, then they may be eligible for priority registration. Visit our Registration page for more information

    What if I need accommodations?
    Compton College offers services to students. Students should contact Special Resource Center for eligibility

    What if there's an emergency and my parents need to come to campus?
    Non-Emergencies: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm (310) 900-1600, ext. 2790

    Emergencies and After-Hours: (310) 605-6500
    *All 911 calls will be directed to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department

    Where can I find a campus map?
    Construction Information and Updates 

    Parking Information

Image of decor layer 3 Image of decor layer 2 Image of decor layer 1

We're Here to Help! Create Your Success Story at Compton College.

Image of a young man in sunglasses in his graduation cap and gown