Interested in becoming a tutor?
If you feel you have performed well in a class, or have mastered a specific subject area AND enjoy helping people, we encourage you to support your peers by becoming a tutor!
- Minimum of 1 semester of coursework at any college or university
- A grade of A or B in the course desired to tutor
- *Enrollment in a 2 or 4 years college or university
- *Proof of enrollment in at least 6 units and payment required
- Provide both individual and group assistance to assigned students in an established tutorial program
- Utilize prescribed materials and supplies as related to individual student needs
- Work with students with a variety of different learning styles
- Generate ideas, materials, strategies, and collaborative learning techniques to help students better understand course material
- Adhere to the L-SSC Tutorial Services Manual
How to Apply
You must fill out an SSC Tutor Application Form and, if you are a current Compton College student, have a faculty member complete the Faculty Recommendation Form. Additionally, your application packet must include a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial), class schedule, and Resume. Please submit your completed application packet to any full time staff member in the SSC, or email all forms to the SSC Coordinator - Shalisa Hodge email@example.com