Step 1:


Take the first step – it’s fast and easy! Complete and submit your free application online.

  • New and returning students (those with an absence of two consecutive primary terms: fall or spring semesters; excluding summer and winter terms) must complete an online application for admission.
  • A Student ID number and Compton College email account will be issued and emailed upon completion of the online application. Students must activate their account using instructions provided in the email.
  • Official transcripts from all accredited colleges and trade schools attended must be submitted to the Admissions & Records Office (SSB-180). Students applying for Advanced Placement (AP) credit must submit official copy of AP scores.
  • For information on how to submit official transcripts, Click here.
  • Begin your Compton College application now!
Step 2:

Need help paying for college? Apply for financial aid by completing the:

Step 3:

Orientation provides an introduction to academic programs and support services to help you succeed.

Orientation is only offered online via the MyCompton portal. Students must have an activated Compton College student email account to access the online Orientation. For more information, call the Welcome Center, ext. 2765, or visit SSB-140.
Step 4: 


Focus on your goal! Meet with a counselor and complete an educational plan to identify classes that are required to complete your certificate, degree or transfer program.

  • English and math placement must be completed before registering for classes. Complete the Level-Up Survey about your high school coursework online at: bit.ly/Level_Up_Survey.
  • Create an Educational Plan
  • Available by appointment only: ATB (Ability to Benefit) and ESL non-credit tests.
  • For appointment information, call the Counseling Office at 310-900-1600, ext. 2076.
Step 5:

Ready to register for classes? Log in to MyCompton and register for classes on or after your assigned Ticket Time (registration appointment).

Registration is based on a priority system. For more information, click here.
AB540 Eligibility Status
  • Student must have attended a high school (public or private) in California for three or more years.
  • Student must have graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent (GED or CA HS Proficiency exam).
  • Student must be enrolled in an accredited California Institution of Higher Education.
  • Student must file a California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Form that includes an affidavit stating they have filed (or will file) an application to legalize as soon as they are able to do so. Completed forms must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office via email, petitions@compton.edu.
  • Submit a copy of your high school diploma and sealed high school transcripts to the Compton College Admissions Office for verification at admissions@compton.edu.
Image of decor layer 3 Image of decor layer 2 Image of decor layer 1

We're Here to Help! Create Your Success Story at Compton College.

Image of a young man in sunglasses in his graduation cap and gown