Assessment, Intervention and Management of Safety (AIMS)
A Resource for Student Success and Campus Safety
The Assessment, Intervention, and Management of Safety, is a multidisciplinary campus
threat assessment and behavioral intervention team that guides the campus community
in effectively assessing and addressing threatening and/or concerning behaviors. AIMS
strives to assist the campus in intervening before behaviors reach a critical level.
AIMS does NOT respond directly to emergencies. Call 9-1-1 if you experience an emergency.
The purpose of AIMS include:
- Conduct threat assessments
- Coordinate a network of existing resources
- Focus on prevention and early intervention in situations where students are distressed, disruptive, harmful or threatening to the community.
- Support and advise individuals who experience concerning or potentially threatening behaviors.
- Educate and empower constituents through on campus training and consultation to recognize, report, and effectively address aberrant, dangerous, threatening and concerning behaviors.
- Collect, assess, and track information about behaviors.
- Plan and implement interventions, follow up and monitor recommendations
- Provide recommendations to appropriate campus constituents in order to manage situations and behaviors, preferably before they escalate to become threats or acts of violence.
- Provide guidance and best practices for preventing violence and providing supportive services to the campus community in response to acts of violence.
"If you see or hear something, say something"
Do you have a question or concern about a student or a friend? If so, complete an Incident Report & Referral Form.
|Marcus Thompson||Chief of Policefirstname.lastname@example.org||(310) 900-1600||x2792|
|Jenn Burchett||Director, Diversity, Compliance, and Title IXemail@example.com||(310) 900-1600||x2144|
|Christine Aldrich||Director, EOPS/CARE/NextUpfirstname.lastname@example.org||(310) 900-1600||x2917|
|Tania Caraballo||St John's Behavioral Health Clinicianemail@example.com||(323) 541-1600||
Tue & Wed - x3037
Thu - x3205
|George Cervantes||Police Sergeantfirstname.lastname@example.org||(310) 900-1600||x2799|
|Tim Harrison||Interim Dean, Athletics and Student Support Servicesemail@example.com||(310) 900-1600||x2800|
|Gregory Peterson||Police Dispatcher/Clerkfirstname.lastname@example.org||(310) 900-1600||x2790|
|Lucinda Aborn||Interim Director, Special Resource Centeremail@example.com||(310) 900-1600||x2406|