CVC Course Exchange

The CVC Course Exchange allows students currently enrolled in a at least one course at a California Community College to instantly enroll in online courses offered at eligible colleges. This gives you the ability enroll into courses that may not be available at your college so you can achieve your goals faster without having to move around to different colleges. 

Learn more about the CVC Exchange

Compton College is a current participant in the exchange. Below are a few definitions you should be aware of :

Home College: The California Community College from which a student enters the CVC Exchange to take courses through other colleges.

Teaching College: College that offers courses via the CVC Exchange to students from other participating colleges.


Only students enrolled in at least one credit course at participating colleges are eligible to cross enroll. Students must also meet the following requirements:

  • Have at least a 2.0 GPA or not yet established a GPA at the Home College.
  • Have no outstanding fees at the Home College.
  • No out of state address on file at Home College.

Student FAQ's

  • Where do I find courses that I can enroll into?

    You can find course listings on the California Virtual Campus Website.

  • Where will my classes appear?

    Courses will appear in your Home College's Canvas instance. If you do not see the course you are registered for you will need to contact the Teaching College where the class is being held for assistance with accessing the course.

  • Can I get financial aid?

    All participating Teaching Colleges have signed a Federal Financial Aid agreement. As such CVC Exchange students simultaneously enrolled at both Home and Teaching College may be able to receive federal and state financial aid funds based on combined units taken at both colleges. Be sure to contact your home college Financial Aid Office to get .

  • Will my DSPS accommodation transfer from my Home College?

    A student's Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS) status or accommodations determination will not automatically transfer to your Teaching College.

    If you are a visiting student and need an accommodation please contact the Special Resource Center.

  • I need help with Canvas!

    If you need assistance with Canvas there are a few ways you can get help:

    In Canvas

    Visit the Student Support Hub by selecting the "Student Support" button on the Global Navigation Menu.

    Chat, Email, and Phone Support

    You can visit the DE Student Suppport website for details on getting live assistance with Canvas.

  • I need a refund...

    Refunds are subject to the policies and procedures of the college offering the course (Teaching College). The Teaching College is also responsible for processing individual refunds. College-specific refund information can be found using the links below. If you dropped a class through the Exchange platform, please select the refund policy page below for the Teaching College where you dropped the class for more information on how to obtain a refund for your dropped class.

    See the Compton College Fees, Tuition, & Refunds Page

  • Transcripts?

    At the end of the semester your transcripts will automatically be sent to your Home College. 

Image of decor layer 3 Image of decor layer 2 Image of decor layer 1

We're Here to Help! Create Your Success Story at Compton College.

Image of a young man in sunglasses in his graduation cap and gown