Compton College provides support and resources to all AB 540, DACA, TPS, undocumented students, and students with mixed-status families to help them overcome the unique challenges that get in the way of achieving their academic, personal and professional goals! We offer a range of resource, services, and individualized support tailored to one's specific needs and aspirations. If you are a student who identifies as undocumented or AB 540 and are pursuing a college education, this page can help you understand how to access and resources and support at Compton College.

Assistance with AB 540\SB 68 Forms
CA Dream Act Application Assistance\Workshops
FREE Immigration Legal Services through CHIRLA
Mental Health Support through the UndocuAlly Connect Group
Access to Community Resources
Financial/ Academic Guidance
Scholarship resources & resume building
Connections to other support programs on campus
Transfer Guidance & much more! 
If you do not find what you are looking for, please reach out anyway.

Stay connected and sign up for our email list. Be the first to know about announcements, news, and upcoming events! Students, staff, and faculty at Compton College are welcome to sign up:

We are available to help through Cranium Cafe, zoom, telephone and in-person! 


WHAT IS AB 540? 
AB 540 is a law that provides in-state tuition benefits for undocumented and out-of-state students who attend or will attend a public university in California. To qualify for AB 540 status, students must meet the following eligibility requirements: 

Student must have attended a high school (public or private) in California for three or more years
Student must have graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent (GED or CA HS Proficiency exam)
Student must be enrolled in an accredited California Institution of Higher Education
Student must file a California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Form that includes an affidavit stating they have filed (or will file) an application to legalize as soon as they are able to do so. Completed forms must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office located in the Student Services Center.
Submit a copy of your high school diploma and sealed high school transcripts to the Compton College Admissions office for verification.
If students meet the AB 540 criteria, please visit the Admissions and Records office to submit completed forms. After submittal, students may apply for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG- formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver) that will pay for classes if they meet all other criteria. The CCPG should only be submitted once at Compton College. Please note: student information obtained in this process is strictly confidential unless disclosure is required by law.

Resident (in-state) Tuition
$46 per unit
Non-Resident (out-of-state) Tuition
$320 per unit + $46 per unit

To receive email notifications about events please sign up for Undocu Alerts.

View FAQs regarding undocumented/AB 540 students.


Image of decor layer 3 Image of decor layer 2 Image of decor layer 1

We're Here to Help! Create Your Success Story at Compton College.

Image of a young man in sunglasses in his graduation cap and gown