Compton College offers online and hybrid courses to help you meet your educational goals. The Distance Education Department is committed to using evidence-based learning strategies and appropriate technology to enhance students learning experiences.
What is Distance Education?
Distance education brings together course materials, students, and instructors together in one place for student learning.
Distance Education offers:
- Multiple course options to meet student's needs.
- Use of technology to enhance students learning experiences.
- Accessible learning materials for students with disabilities.
- Opportunities for students learn on their schedule while still meeting course goals and expectations.
Logging Into Canvas
Compton College uses the Canvas Learning Management System to deliver online and hybrid distance education courses. Below is basic information on specifications needed to run Canvas.
To get started you will first need to log into Canvas. You can follow the written instructions: Logging into Canvas Written Instructions (LINK TO CANVAS INSTRUCTIONS); or you can watch the video below.
You can email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Canvas Live 24/7 Support
Below is information on how to get live support for Canvas.
Canvas Live Chat - Faculty/Staff
Phone Support: 424-213-6007
Canvas Live Chat - Student
Phone Support: 424-213-6003
Compton College HelpDesk
For technical assistance with your MyCompton Account, OneDrive, Zoom, or Microsoft Product you can contact the Compton College Helpdesk.
- Phone: 310-900-1234
- Email: Helpdesk@compton.edu or using MyCompton, select ITS Helpdesk option and submit a inquiry for assistance.
- Hours: Monday - Friday 7AM - 4PM
DE Canvas Zoom Support:
You can join our Canvas virtual support room or request an appointment. Contact us for Zoom Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Canvas OpenLab is open:
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday | 10 am to 11 am
- Wednesday, Thursday | 2 pm to 3 pm