Reasons to Make an Appointment
Counselors are here to provide the support and information you need to make informed
decisions about your education. Counselors care about you as a whole person and are
here to guide, listen and provide motivation when you need some extra encouragement.
Most importantly, your Counselor is committed to helping you be successful.
Reasons to make an appointment:
Schedule An Appointment
- Student educational plans (please provide transcripts or grade reports)
- Evaluation of college transcripts for academic planning
- Go to the front counter to make counseling appointments for Academic/Personal Counseling
- To schedule a virtual counseling appointment please click on "Make an Appointment"
or click on "Schedule Meeting". The "Schedule Meeting" is the calendar icon on the
bottom right hand side of each counselor's card.
- Make sure your device has a webcam and microphone to communicate with the counselor.
- At the time of your appointment, go to the link that was provided in the appointment
confirmation (please check your Compton College email).
- Click on Auto Login with the Compton College logo.
- If the counselor is in session with another student, you will be required to wait
in the LOBBY. Once the counselor is ready for your appointment, you will be added
to the next session.
- Use Chrome or Firefox (Chrome preferred), with camera, speakers and mic, or headset. Learn more
- Get the iOS app
- Please do not engage in videoconferencing while you are driving.
- Wear proper attire.
- Make sure there is proper lighting in the room.
- Make sure there is little to no background noise.
- Have a headset with microphone ready (your cell phone headset will work).
- Avoid interruptions - Do not answer phone calls, text or surf the web during the appointment.
- Be respectful when communicating with your counselor.