Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply to Compton College?
Apply online by visiting the Compton College homepage and on the top right corner, click on Apply Online. New and returning students (those with no current appointment time) must complete a new application.
- How do I find MyCompton online?
Visit the Compton College homepage and on the top right corner, click on MyCompton.
- What is MyCompton?
MyCompton is the secure online portal used by students to "stay connected". In MyCompton, students can register for classes, access email, view campus announcements, keep up with campus events, and find links to campus services.
- How do I use MyCompton?
Visit the Compton College homepage and click on MyCompton in the top right corner of the page.
- How do I find my ID Number?
Your ID number will be emailed to you 48 to 72 hours after you submit your online application. Your ID number can also be found on your MyCompton portal.
- What if I previously took classes at El Camino College Compton Center or Compton Community
College but not Compton College?
Visit our Apply page to complete a Compton College application and following the steps listed there.
- What do I do if there is a hold on MyCompton?
Many offices on campus can place a "hold" on a student's MyCompton account. Most of these holds will prevent registration. Please clear any hold before registration.
- What if I try to register for a class and there is an error message?
The student may see an error message in red. Registration in the class will be prevented according to the error message the student receives. Visit the How To Register page for more information.
- What do I do if two classes I need overlap by one minute or more?
MyCompton will not permit registration unless a Course Time Conflict Petition is submitted. Students enrolling in any classes that overlap with each other, even by one minute will be blocked. View the Course Time Conflict Petition form.
- How do I clear the prerequisites for a class?
View the Prerequisite Clearance Request page for information.
- What do I do if a class I need is closed?
The student can register in another section of the course or the student can try the same section again since MyCompton is a real-time process and classes open and close as students add and drop. Although very few students not on the waitlist are added into classes, a student can also attend the first day of instruction to see if the instructor can give the student an Add Code.
- How can I view my class schedule?
The student schedule can be viewed on MyCompton click the "Student Services" tile. Then choose registration and planning and select the term
- Will I be dropped for non-payment?
Currently, Compton College is not dropping students for non-payment. However, after the "W" date of each term, a fee hold will be placed on students' accounts for non-payment.
- Will my classes be dropped for $.50?
No. However, balances accrue each term and students are required to pay their fees in a timely manner.
- What do I do if I am classified as out-of-state and I've been in California all my
For more information view the Residency page.
- How do I change my address, Social Security number, or my name?
Personal Information may be updated: address, social security number, and name can be updated in person at the admissions and records office with Photo ID or by completing the Personal Information Form. If you are unable to come in person, email to email@example.com from your Compton email account.
- How do I go about requesting transcripts?
For more information regarding requesting transcripts, view our Admissions & Records Forms page.
- How do I go about requesting enrollment verification?
An Enrollment Verification Request Form must be completed to request an enrollment verification. For more information regarding enrollment verification please visit the Enrollment Verification page.
- Other questions?