We offer on-campus employment opportunities!Are you interested in working with prospective students ? Would you like to Share your Success Story? Check out this exciting opportunity! Become a Compton College Student Ambassador and support new incoming students by sharing information about programs and services at Compton College! All Student Ambassadors are trained to assist students with issues relating to completing the steps to enrollment, activating/navigating the MyCompton portal, and provide general information about other existing student support services at Compton College. Monthly pay starts at $17.00/hour with a maximum of 80 hours per month (approximately 20 per week).
Student Ambassadors are...
- Leaders who inspire.
- Role models for K-12 and other prospective students.
- Extraordinary - the finest students that Compton College has to offer.
- Representatives of Compton College on and off the clock.
- Service minded, go above and beyond to help others.
- Welcoming to everyone we serve.
Virtual Info Sessions- Student Ambassadors
Attend a Student Ambassador Info Session to learn more about this employment opportunity. Information sessions will be offered on the days and times below.
Zoom Link: https://compton-edu.zoom.us/s/83851099012
Student Ambassador Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis
- Complete the Ambassador Application
- Submit a resume and cover letter
- Submit unofficial Compton College transcripts and current class schedule
- Slides will be provided when the interview is scheduled.
- You will be asked to do a short presentation during the interview to asses your public speaking comfort level.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (12 units per Fall and Spring semesters)
- Have and maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Eligible for Federal Work Study (FWS) or CalWORKs (Specific to Compton College students)
- Have reliable means of transportation
- Availabilityto work some weekend and evening events
- Travel to and attend off campus fairs and other outreach events at local high schools and in the community.
- Conduct campus tours for new and prospective students and community members
- Attend and/or conduct Compton College information sessions, application workshops and assist students with course registrations.
- Assist Outreach and Educational Partnerships staff with other work as assigned.
- Must check the MyCompton portal, Cranium Cafe, and @compton.edu email daily.
- Monthly pay at $17.00/hour with a maximum of 80 hours per month (approximately 20 per week).
- Assist students to complete steps to enrollment, navigate the MyCompton portal,schedule counseling appointments in-person or virtually via Cranium Cafe, Zoom, email, and phone.
- Other duties as assigned.
For questions contact Mario Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org | 310-900-1600, ext. 2762