Compton College / Student Services / Support Services / Counseling / Counseling Appointments
Counselors are here to provide the support and information you need to make informed decisions about your education. You can meet with Counselor via telephone, video, or in person. The online appointment allows students to connect with a Counselor and complete all services that are available in the traditional, in-person counseling appointment format. For Prerequisite Clearance Requests, please click here. We will process your requests within 3 - 5 business days if you have all the required documents.
Reasons to make an appointment
- Certificate/degree petition
- Personal counseling
- Transfer counseling and/or review of non-Compton College transcripts
- To schedule a virtual counseling appointment please click on "Make an Appointment" or click on "Schedule Meeting". The "Schedule Meeting" is the calendar icon on the bottom right hand side of each counselor's card.
- Make sure your device has a webcam and microphone to communicate with the counselor.
- At the time of your appointment, go to the link that was provided in the appointment confirmation (please check your Compton College email).
- Click on Auto Login with the Compton College logo.
- If the counselor is in session with another student, you will be required to wait in the LOBBY. Once the counselor is ready for your appointment, you will be added to the next session.
- Use Chrome or Firefox (Chrome preferred), with camera, speakers and mic, or headset. Learn more
- Get the iOS app
- Please do not engage in videoconferencing while you are driving.
- Wear proper attire.
- Make sure there is proper lighting in the room.
- Make sure there is little to no background noise.
- Have a headset with microphone ready (your cell phone headset will work).
- Avoid interruptions - Do not answer phone calls, text or surf the web during the appointment.
- Be respectful when communicating with your counselor.