2022 Commencement Information
Compton College will celebrate the academic achievements of its students with an in-person Commencement Ceremony on June 10, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. The graduating classes of 2020 and 2021 are invited to participate.
Date: Friday, June 10, 2022
Ceremony Start Time: 5:30 p.m. (The ceremony will conclude by 8:00 p.m. Graduates are expected to stay for the entire ceremony.)
Location: Dignity Health Sports Park in the Tennis Stadium, Carson, CA (enter from Avalon Blvd.)
Livestream: The ceremony will be livestreamed via the Compton College YouTube Channel for those who cannot attend the ceremony in person.
Arrival Times: Graduates must check in between 3:45 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.; Grads may be dropped off in Lot 15 at the Compton College Commencement Welcome Area. The event venue will open to all guests at 3:30 p.m.
Parking: Free parking is available in Lots 15 and 10.
Tickets/Guests: Tickets are not required. There is no limit of guests per graduate, however, seating is available on a first-come basis.
- You may not save seats for guests arriving later. If your party wishes to sit together, they must all arrive at the same time.
- Seating for guests with disabilities is available at the top of sections 3-6 and 27-30. Able-bodied guests may sit in the seats directly below the designated seating areas.
- Balloons, banners, umbrellas and air-horns are prohibited in the stands. Please leave them at home or in your vehicle.
Grad Seating: Graduates will be sitting with their graduating class (see FAQs below); with the
Class of 2022 seated closest to the stage. Graduates will not know their seat location
until the ceremony begins.
After the Ceremony: Graduates will recess as a group to Lot 15 where they can meet with family and friends.
- LA County Health Orders no longer require guests at outdoor mega events to provide pre-entry proof of vaccination or recent negative test results for COVID-19.
- Masking is recommended but not required. You can view the updated guidelines on the LA County website.
- All guests entering the facility during an event are subject to a metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and bag inspection. Dignity Health security personnel will conduct their inspections with respect toward the guests' dignity and legal rights. In no circumstance shall the inspections be conducted in a discriminatory manner or pattern.
- Please Note: As of May 16, 2022, all graduates participating in the ceremony are strongly encouraged to wear a mask during the ceremony. Masks will be available for graduates.
- Guests may not bring food and beverage into the facility during events. The only exceptions
are small snack items, i.e. a small pack of nuts, unopened plastic bottled water,
candy bars, small bag of chips, etc.
- Food or beverages deemed necessary due to a special dietary need, religious requirement, or medical condition may be approved in advance by the Guest Services Department.
- Guests may not bring glass bottles or aluminum cans into the facility. Guests must dispose of the unauthorized items prior to entrance into the facility or return them to their vehicles. Guest Services will not check-in any food or beverage items.
- All lost and found items will be turned into Guest Services during events or at their conclusion. All lost and found inquiries during the event should be forwarded to Guest Services. At the end of the event, Guest Services will turn in all unclaimed lost and found items to the Security Department.
2022 Commencement Program:
- Printed copies will be available at the commencement ceremony - one per adult.
- A PDF of the program is available here.
- Names of eligible graduates who submitted an Intent to Graduate Petition by the deadline are listed in the commencement program.
- Verified graduates from 2020 and 2021 will also be included in the 2022 Commencement Program.
- Limited quantities of the 2020 and 2021 printed Commencement Programs will be available.
Class of 2022 graduates, regardless of what you checked on your graduation petition in terms of participation, you are invited to attend and participate in the June 10 commencement ceremony; 2022 graduates do not need to RSVP.
- There is no rehearsal; instructions for the commencement ceremony will be posted here soon.
- Grads should arrive dressed in cap and gown.
- A pre-reception for graduates will be held at the stadium at 3:45 p.m.
- Graduates should limit what they carry with them into the ceremony, no purses or bags will be allowed. Bring only what you can fit in your pockets. Lockers will not be available.
- All Grads should begin at the Welcome Area located in Lot 15 and then proceed to check-in.
- Graduate photos - information will be available soon.
Commencement Adornment Policy Statement (PDF): Cords, Medallions, Pins and Sashes
- 2022 EOPS/CARE sashes will be distributed at the graduate check-in tables. Honors cords will also be distributed upon check-in.
- 2020 and 2021 graduates are asked to bring their EOPS/CARE sashes and honors cords from their grad packs.
- Leis are allowed; personal/custom sashes and cords are not permitted.
- Grads may decorate the top of their caps (no profanity or symbols/references to alcohol or controlled substances).
Commencement Ceremony Information: email@example.com
Graduation Requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Degree Verification, Eligibility Information, Diplomas and Certificates: email@example.com
Frequently asked questions:
How can I verify which degree or certificate I am receiving?
Please email Admissions and Records at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I verify if I am graduating with 'Honors'?
Please email Admissions and Records at email@example.com
What class do I belong to?
If you graduated between summer 2019 and spring 2020 - you are the Class of 2020.
If you graduated between summer 2020 and spring 2021 - you are the Class of 2021.
If you met the requirements to graduate between summer 2021 and spring 2022 - you are the Class of 2022.
Questions? Email the Office of Student Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
I received a degree or certificate in 2020 or 2021 and 2022. How do I know which class
I am sitting with?
Please email the Office of Student Development at email@example.com
When will I receive my diploma or certificate?
Please refer to the Graduation webpage.
Class of 2022 Zoom Backgrounds
Click on the image and download to your computer or smartphone for use on Zoom.
Social Media Images