Who are Compton College's Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors support Educational Partnerships and go out in the community to help new and returning students with their application, orientation, class registration and more! All Student Ambassadors are trained to assist students with issues relating to completing the steps of enrollment (as mentioned above), navigating MyCompton, assisting with transfer applications and general information about the college and our programs.
Student Ambassador Applications are accepted on an on-going basis
Who are Student Ambassadors?
- Leaders who inspire.
- Role models for K-12 and other prospective students.
- Extraordinary - the finest students that Compton College has to offer.
- Representatives of Compton College on and off the clock.
- Service minded, go above and beyond to help others.
- Welcoming to everyone we serve.
- Complete the Ambassador Application (2022)
- Resume and cover letter
- Unofficial Compton College (or high school for incoming freshmen) transcripts and current schedule
- Present the first 10 Admissions Application slides
- Slides will be provided when the interview is scheduled.
- You will be asked to present during the interview.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (12 units per Fall and Spring semesters)
- Have and maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at Compton College
- Eligible for Federal Work Study (FWS) or CalWORKs
- Have a reliable means of transportation
- Able to work some weekend and evening events
- Staff the open computer lab in Tartar Village for In-Person Enrollment Services to assist students to check-in for their appointments, complete the steps to enrollment, navigate the MyCompton portal,schedule counseling appointments in-person or virtually via Cranium Cafe, Zoom, email, and phone when working remotely.
- Travel to and attend off campus fairs and other outreach events at local high schools and in the community.
- Conduct campus tours for new and prospective students and community members
- Attend and/or conduct Compton College information sessions, application workshops and assist students with course registrations.
- Assist Outreach and Educational Partnerships staff with other work as assigned.
- Must check the MyCompton portal, Cranium Cafe, and @compton.edu email daily.
- Monthly pay at $15.00/hour with a maximum of 80 hours per month (approximately 20 per week).