Compton College is Open!
We're here to help you create your success story!
- Virtual and in-person enrollment services (counseling, financial aid, registration, support services/resources and programs) are available. Stop by Tartar Village, Room 5. Appointments are not required.
- The Library, Everytable Cafeteria, Bookstore, and Student Health Center are all open to current students. The Student Success Center welcomes walk-ins but appointments are recommended.
- Classes are available online and in-person. Please refer to the schedule of classes for details.
- Community members may use the track Monday-Friday, 4:00-9:00 a.m.
Please remember to follow these health and safety protocols:
- All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask at all times when indoors and in the presence of others, except when actively eating or drinking, preferably outdoors.
- Students, please refer to the Student Information and Communications webpage for current Entry to Campus Protocol.
- Employees, please refer to the Employee Entry to Campus Info webpage for current Entry to Campus Protocol.
Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center, located on the upper floor of the Library - Student Success Center, provides tutoring and academic support services for all registered students attending Compton College. The center strives to provide assistance to both students and instructors in the learning process. Assistance is not limited to any student population or any particular discipline. The activities are designed for instructional support and reinforcement. All tutoring sessions are on a drop-in basis, no appointment is necessary.
The following services are provided:
- Study skills workshops - the list of workshops are usually posted at the beginning of each semester.
- Academic resources - a wide range of software that deals with a variety of subjects are available for use at the LRC for independent study.
- Computer Stations - the computers are available for Internet access, word processing, academic research and printing of assignments.
- Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI) Lab-Students in developmental courses are required to use the computers and educational software to enhance their skills needed for their coursework. The lab is open to all currently-enrolled Compton College students who wish to improve their skills in reading, writing, math or sciences. The CAI Lab is located in Room G-33.
- Math/Science Center
- Writing Center
- Interested in becoming a tutor?
- Application to become a tutor
Hours of operation:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Learning Resource Center
310-900-1600, Ext. 2535