- Childhood Development (pending)
- Nursing (pending)
- Black Lives Matter (pending)
Visit the Library Resources page to explore the Compton College librarian-curated repository of library research and information literacy resources, all within Canvas!
Browse by subject type (e.g. Copyright & Plagiarism, Information Evaluation, Periodicals & Databases, et al.) or resource type (videos, handouts, and websites). Design and content are subject to ongoing evaluation to ensure and improve quality and accessibility, and may be modified, replaced, or removed without notice.
Log-in to your Canvas account and enter any course, then click on Library Resources in the course navigation menu to access this content. For more information about this resource, contact LChung@compton.edu or CHobbs@compton.edu.
Brief video tutorials on Compton College Library research tools are available below.
All videos listed are captioned.
Click on the desired link to view the video in YouTube.
- Introduction to Primo Online Library Catalog (3 minutes, 26 seconds)
- Accessing Compton College Library Databases (1 minute, 49 seconds)
- Intro to EBSCO Databases (4 minutes, 1 second)
- Intro to ProQuest Databases (4 minutes, 38 seconds)
- Intro to Searching Google Scholar (3 minutes, 26 seconds)
More videos to be added. Check back here for updates!
Visit JSTOR: Research Basics for a self-paced, introductory tutorial that will teach you basic research concepts needed to prepare for college-level research. Each module concludes with an assessment to test your knowledge.
Research & Literacy Tools
Visit the Read&Write (R&W) Software Installation page to learn how to download and install R&W onto your computer! R&W is available as a full-featured floating toolbar or Chrome browser extension.
R&W offers multiple tools to support reading, writing, and study of online text and documents, including webpages, database articles, Word documents and PDFs.
Notable features include:
- Read aloud for web pages and documents, with a choice of natural voices, speed, and volume
- Record and save option for read aloud text as audio file
- Speech to text for hands-free writing
- Screen masking
- Highlighting text, with ability to save highlighted text as notes
- Text and picture dictionaries
- Word prediction