Fine arts, communication and humanities
Guided Pathway Division
The Fine Arts, Communication and Humanities Guided Pathway provides coursework designed to prepare students for rewarding careers in fields that employ professional writers, artists, and communication specialists. Students within these fields of study will develop mastery in creative and analytical modes of expression and research, leading to a variety of different career paths in creative industries, education, government, and business.
Compton College is Open!
We're here to help you create your success story!
- Virtual and in-person enrollment services (counseling, financial aid, registration, support services/resources and programs) are available. Stop by Tartar Village, Room 5. Appointments are not required.
- The Library, Everytable Cafeteria, Bookstore, and Student Health Center are all open to current students. The Student Success Center welcomes walk-ins but appointments are recommended.
- Classes are available online and in-person. Please refer to the schedule of classes for details.
- Community members may use the track Monday-Friday, 4:00-9:00 a.m.
Please remember to follow these health and safety protocols:
- All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask at all times when indoors and in the presence of others, except when actively eating or drinking, preferably outdoors.
- Students, please refer to the Student Information and Communications webpage for current Entry to Campus Protocol.
- Employees, please refer to the Employee Entry to Campus Info webpage for current Entry to Campus Protocol.
DEGREES AND CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
Communication Studies (AAT)
English as a Second Language (ESL) - non-credit program
General Studies (AA) with an emphasis in:
Arts & Humanities; Culture & Communications; or Fine & Applied Arts
Music (AA and CERT)
Studio Arts (AAT)
Transfer Studies (CERT)
OTHER COURSES AVAILABLE: Degree or certificate not available at Compton College.
Academic Strategies, Dance, English as a Second Language, Film/Video, Humanities, Japanese, Journalism, Library Science, Philosophy, Sign Language/Interpreter, Theatre
Explore the programs and maps designed to help you reach your educational and career goals.
Dr. Rebekah Blonshine
Dean of Student Success
310-900-1600, ext. 2235
L-SSC, Room 103
Dr. Valerie Woodward
Division Chair - FACH
310-900-1600, ext. 2239
Senior Administrative Assistant
310-900-1600, ext. 2136
L-SSC, Room 104
Instructional Division Coordinator
310-900-1600, ext. 2543
L-SSC, Room 202
Guided Pathways Counselor
Guided Pathways Counselor
Guided Pathway Counselor
Student Services Advisor
Fine Arts, Communications & Humanities GPD Staff and Faculty - Click Here
STUDENT SUCCESS PROGRAMS:
- Student Success Plan Implementation
- Learning Communities
- Student Success Center
- Supplemental Instruction
- Math and Science Center
- Reading and Writing Center
- Academic Tutoring