Compton Community College District Redistricting
Every 10 years, local community colleges, city councils and other local agencies must adjust their elected trustee area boundaries in order to equalize the population. Governing Boards of community college districts are required, by the end of February 28, 2022, to adjust the boundaries of any or all trustee areas by using census population figures from the U.S. Department of Commerce's Census Bureau decennial census of the country's population conducted in 2020 and validated by the Population Research Unit of the California Department of Finance.
Redistricting Action Plan
The Compton Community College District (CCCD) recently published its redistricting action plan as part of a public process to review and modify the elected trustee area boundaries.
- February 3, 2022 Compton CCD 2021-2022 Redistricting
- January 20, 2022 Redistricting Community Outreach - Zoom Meeting Recording (Passcode: D^9utAJD)
- Compton CCD 2022 Redistricting Community Outreach - January 20, 2022
- Compton CCD 2021-2022 Redistricting Presentation - December 16, 2021 (including proposed maps)
- Compton CCD 2021-2022 Redistricting Process and Data - October 19, 2021
Redistricting Committee members are appointed by the President/CEO of the Compton Community College District. The committee is comprised of at least one member from each of the CCCD's five trustee areas.
The committee will review and provide input regarding the redistricting proposals for new trustee area boundaries.
Bruce Boyden, Chair
Stephanie Leonor Del Cid
Amadi Williams, Co-Chair
Upcoming Redistricting Committee Meetings:
- Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom
- Monday, January 24, 2022 Public Hearing via Zoom
- February 3, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. via Zoom