Metro Tap GoPass
Metro is now free for all currently enrolled Compton College students
Metro has partnered with Compton College to offer students a GoPass with unlimited free rides on Metro bus and rail, City of Commerce, Culver CityBus, Foothill Transit, GTrans, LADOT Dash, LA County Shuttles, Long Beach Transit, Montebello Bus, Norwalk Transit, Pasadena Transit, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Torrance Transit. As part of the GoPass Program, you can ride for free to and from school and on trips after school and on weekends, during each semester that you register for the program through June 2023.
How do I receive my Metro TAP GoPass?
- All currently enrolled students will receive an email in their Compton College inbox about one week before the semester starts with their access code to activate the GoPass.
- If you do not currently have a TapCard you can come pick up a physical card in room V71 M-F 9:00am-3:30pm
- You need both the activation code and TapCard number to activate the GoPASS
- Once you have the activation code and TapCard number, visit http://www.taptogo.net/gopass to activate your card
- For a virtual TAP card and download instructions please click TAP App
- If you have questions are never received your code, Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is eligible?
- Compton College students enrolled in the current semester of instruction.
What transportation agencies can I use my gopass on?
|City of Commerce||Gardena Transit (GTrans)||Long Beach Transit||Pasadena Transit|
|Culver City Bus||LA County Shuttles||Norwalk Transit||Santa Monica Big Blue Bus|
|Foothill Transit||LADOT DASH||Montebello Bus||Torrance Transit|
Are there usage restrictions on using my GoPass?
- No, the GoPass is meant to solve students transportation needs. Feel free to use your GoPass to travel to school, work, doctors appointments, grocery stores, etc.
- The GoPass is meant for Compton College students only, usage by non Compton College students could result in the loss of your GoPass.
What if i lose my gopass?
- No worries, the card can be replaced by visiting http://www.taptogo.net/gopass and selecting the "Replace Lost Card" in the process portal. (cards must be registered by the user to qualify for replacement)
- Non-student family members may be able to qualify for free or reduced fares under the Low-Income Fare is Easy (LIFE) Program: https://www.metro.net/riding/life/
- Visit www.metro.net/gopass for additional information
- For information about how to bike with Metro visit https://www.metro.net/riding/bike-transit/