Service Area Outcomes (SAO)
Compton College is a welcoming environment where the diversity of our students is supported to pursue and attain academic and professional excellence. Compton College promotes solutions to challenges, utilizes the latest techniques for preparing the workforce and provides clear pathways for transfer, completion and lifelong learning.
The Office of Institutional Research supports the college mission and institutional effectiveness by facilitating data-informed decision-making and promoting a culture of evidence-based inquiry at Compton College.
The Office of Institutional Research (IR) developed three service area outcomes (SAOs) in 2016 based on its unit mission. IR regularly assesses the effectiveness of each SAO through client feedback and data utilization surveys. SAO statements, assessment plans, and results are detailed below.
By interacting with IR staff and reports, Compton College employees will be able to:
- Understand and interpret institutional data and student outcomes.
- Integrate IR data and analyses with previous knowledge and professional experience to assist decision-making.
- Apply knowledge from research data to strategize/organize priorities and develop a more complete picture of the instituion and its community.
Most Recent SAO Assessment Results
- SAO #1 - Understanding students and outcomes (2014)
- SAO #2 - Synthesizing data with experience (2014)
- SAO #3 - Applying knowledge to make decisions (2014)