Department: Astronomy Physics Engineering
Guided Pathway Division: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
(310) 900-1600 ext 2428
Math and Science (MS)/204
- Faculty advisor of Compton College Stem Club
- Sierra Club hiking leader since 2002.
- Join the Sierra Club - see Angeles Chapter website
- Completed the HPS list once (about 250 peaks above 5000 feet in Southern California), and have led about half of them.
- Helped to minimize over-development of the Tejon Ranch. This is an awesome place to hike. For more information, see the Tejon Conservancy.
- Use to help design, build, and take care of commercial and government satellite payloads
- Rode my bicycle 25 miles/day 5days/week for nearly 25 years.
- Became a BSA leader for my twin sons.
- They became Eagles
- Did the John Muir Trail (JMT) once and the trans-Sierra twice and other things.
- Became one of the first BSA climbing merit badge councilors and instructors
- Was a member of the High Adventure Team responsible for Navigation/Orienteering
- Did Whitney some 6 times, slept on top. Did Muir twice. Langley is more fun. White is long.
- Have some 45 publications as seen inInspire
- Helped some 60 ski patrollers in the past couple of weeks to get recertified with their AHA CPR requirements.
- Hiked Ryan Mtn on Halloween this year (2020), 3 miles and 1000 feet of gain. It was a moonlight hike. No need for headlamps, until the Moon went behind the clouds as we went down.
- Built a curtain across Urey and Mayer Hall (at UCSD) with 10000 feet of 1-inch computer tape.
- "Worked" on the Dinner Party Project
- Youngest daughter has two publications already - I need to start catching up.
- BA - Revelle Campus, University of California, San Diego, 1977. Major-Physics, Minor-Visual Arts
- MA - UC Santa Barbara, 1981.
- PhD - UC Santa Barbara, 1887.
- Dissertation Title "Study of resonance production in two-photon reactions".
- Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) Technician since 2008
- OEC instructor since ~2017
- AHA BLS/CPR instructor since 2018