Department: EOPS/CARE/Guided Pathways
Guided Pathway Division: Fine Arts, Communication and Humanities
Personal Phone #: 818.583.7108
I am Karina Lopez, a EOPS/CARE/Guided Pathways Counselor. My job on campus is to love and care for students personally and academically. I listen to students when they need someone to talk to, I celebrate when students accomplish goals, and I help students when they need it. I also guide students with academics - picking classes, exploring majors, transfer and graduation steps and more. ANY question you have - you can turn to me first and I will make sure you get the support you need.
I love my job and was inspired to become a counselor because I struggled in college when I started. But because of great counselors and mentors I was able to graduate college and earn a Masters Degree. I hope to empower students to make their dream come true!
While attending college (and now) I identified as:
- first-generation (first in my family to graduate high school and college)
- daughter of immigrants (from El Salvador)
- undocumented student ally
I am so blessed to be able to work as a counselor and I look forward to helping you make your dreams come true!
- California State University Northridge (CSUN)
- Psychology, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- University of Southern California (USC)
- Educational Counseling, Masters of Education (M.Ed)