accessing VITALSOURCE TEXTBOOKS
Creating your account
- Go to bookshelf.vitalsource.com and click "Create a Vitalsource Account"
- Fill in and submit the form. Please use your @compton.edu username for your email address here.
- VitalSource will send an email to your address. Click the link in the email to confirm your account.
- Congratulations. You are now ready to borrow books from VitalSource.
- Go to bookshelf.vitalsource.com and login using your Compton email address and VitalSource password.
- In the search box, type the author/title or ISBN of your book and press ENTER/RETURN
- Books matching your search terms (if any) will appear on the screen. Click on a book to borrow it
- A form will appear on the right side of the screen. Click the blue "Borrow" button
to include the book in your library.
(WARNING: Once you borrow a book, you will not be able to "send it back." You can borrow up to seven books. Choose carefully!)
- A notice will appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen: "This book has been added to My Library," Click the "Open Book" to start reading.
- The book will appear on the screen. Use either the arrows (left and right side of the screen) or the orange slider (at the bottom of the screen) to turn pages. You can also access the table of contents, search the book's text,, take notes, and make flashcards using the icons on the left hand side of the screen. There is even a "Read Aloud" feature on the bottom of the page.