TRANSFER ADMISSION GUARANTEE (TAG) 2013
El Camino College has TAGs with the following universities and colleges:
University of California (UC)
Historically Black Colleges & Universities
General UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG) Criteria:
You must meet the definition of a California community college student.o You have been enrolled at one or more CCCs for at least 2 regular terms (excludes summer sessions).o You have completed at least 30 semester (45 quarter) UC-transferable units at a CCC.o You are attending a CCC as your last college before transfer (excludes summer sessions).
- Complete at least 60 UC-transferable semester units by the end of spring prior to fall admission.
- Complete the following course pattern requirements, earning a grade of C or better
in each course by the end of
spring prior to fall admission:
o Two UC transferable college courses (3 semester or 4â€“5 quarter units each) in English composition;
o One UC transferable college course (3 semester or 4â€“5 quarter units) in mathematical concepts
and quantitative reasoning;
o Four UC transferable college courses selected from among at least two of the following three areas:
- Arts and Humanities (designated UC-H on the UC-Transferable Course Agreement)
- Behavioral and Social Sciences (UC-B on the UC-Transferable Course Agreement)
- Biological and Physical Sciences (UC-S on the UC-Transferable Course Agreement)
- All campuses require 30 UC transferable units completed by the end of the summer of
the year you will submit a
TAG application form and the UC Admissions Application.
- You can have a TAG with only one UC campus.
- TAG applications must be submitted by September 30th. The UC Admissions Application must be submitted by November 30th.
Criteria that will be specific to each UC campus:
- The GPA requirement will vary by UC campus and by major or college.
- The completion timeline of the English and Math requirements will vary by UC campus.
- The supplemental criteria for selective majors will vary by UC campus.
Go to http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/transfer/guarantee/index.html
for the TAG Matrix, the online TAG form, and links to the individual UC campus TAG information and criteria.
General HBCU TAP/TAG Admissions Criteria:
- Each campus has a different minimum unit requirement ranging from 12 units completed to 30 units completed.
- The minimum GPA requirements vary by campus and range from 2.0-3.0.
- Please check with a counselor for the specific campus requirements.
- Other benefits may include priority consideration for housing; waiver of the application
fee; and priority consideration