Hours of Operation
|8:00AM - 2:30PM||8:00AM - 2:30PM||8:00AM - 4:30PM||8:00AM - 2:30PM||
8:00AM - 10:00AM
|Peak Registration Schedule (August 13th - September 7th)|
|8:00AM - 4:30PM||8:00AM - 4:30PM||8:00AM - 4:30PM||8:00AM - 4:30PM||
8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
310-900-1600, Ext. 2830
D-26, next to the Welcome Center (D27)
General Test Information
Testing is on a first-come, first-served drop in basis, no appointment is necessary. Assessment testing is free. PLEASE NOTE: Students are required to complete the New Student Orientation before testing.
- Take math and reading tests.
- Complete computerized assessment forms.
- Request career interest inventories and study skills surveys.
- No talking allowed.
- Cell phones, pagers, beepers, cameras, text-messengers, audio players, or other electronic devices are prohibited in the testing area. Cell phones are to be turned off or put on vibrate during testing. Calls may not be taken inside the Testing Lab or Testing Room.
- Person accompanying the student must wait outside. Children, friends, family members, babies or children (of any age), and pets are not allowed inside the testing area.
- All personal items should be placed on the floor during testing. Unauthorized aids such as dictionaries, calculators, translators, or notes of any kind are prohibited in the testing area.
- Allow adequate time to complete tests. Each test takes approximately one hour.
- Ask for assistance if there is any problem with the computer.
- Notify staff if you need to leave the testing area for any reason.
- Do not turn off computers, open or close any program windows, or print the results.
- All testing materials provided must be returned before leaving the testing area, including scratch paper.
- All instructions given or requests made by a member of the Assessment Center staff must be followed.
Websites for Math Review
Testing and remedial program for practicing and refreshing math skills.For instructions how to access this free service, go to the above website. My Math Testis highly recommended by the Math Division. Please note: there is no charge if you use the aforementioned web address. If you go directly to www.MyMathTest.com, there is a fee.
Review for Math; divided into separate math subjects (e.g. Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Trigonometry, etc.
Websites/Apps for English and Math Review
The ACCUPLACER Web-Based Study App features practice tests in Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, and College-Level Math. However, it does not include an ESL practice test. For computer, tablet, and smartphone. Go to https://store.collegeboard.org. Under Student Bestsellers, scroll down to ACCUPLACER Web-Based Study App. Click on link for further details. This is receiving very favorable reviews.
This link takes students to a complete ACCUPLACER English and Math Placement Test with accompanying answers.Includes ESL Reading Skills Test and College-Level Math Test.
This is a paper hand-out, available from the Assessment/Testing Center and the Information Desk in the Student Services Center Lobby. It is a completely different test sample than the one on the College Board website above. Does not include ESL Reading Skills or College-Level Math.
The sample test provides a brief review of the kinds of questions students will be asked to answer in the Math and English tests. The sample test also contains the answer sheet as well as detailed solutions for the math sections.
Service Area Outcomes (SAO's)
|Service Area Outcome #1||Students will be more satisfied with their placement results and score higher by preparing for the assessment tests.|
|Service Area Outcome # 2||Students that take Math 12 and pass with an 'A' will retest into a higher level math.|