BASIC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
In order to be considered for the 2013-2014 High School FYE Scholarship, please attach the following documents:
- Complete the 2013-2014 FYE Application.
- Type a one page (500 words) personal statement on the following topic:
- Address your academic goals and career aspirations. Describe your educational history and achievements and your involvement in other extracurricular experiences. Be sure to discuss why you believe you should be awarded a scholarship.
- Obtain one letter of recommendation.
- It may be from a teacher, guidance counselor, community or religious leader, club advisor, or immediate supervisor.
- Official high school transcripts
ELIGIBILITY â€“ To be eligible, an applicant must satisfy the following requirements.
- Enrolled in 12 units at El Camino College Compton Center
- Cumulative high school GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Acceptance into the FYE Program
- Completion of high school diploma 2013
- The deadline for submission of all scholarship materials is June 21, 2013.
- Applications will then be assessed and sent to committees. Committees will review the applications, interview applicants, and select scholarship winners. Winners will be notified the week of August 16, 2013.
NOTE: Scholarship applications and information contained therein will not be returned to the applicants. If necessary, all materials should be photocopied prior to submission. All materials are kept confidential and destroyed after two academic years.
Please notify the El Camino College Compton Center Financial Aid and Scholarship Office of any changes in address (310) 900-1600, ext. 2935.
Donors of scholarships and their representative(s) may request access to your academic records at El Camino College Compton Center. Your authorization is required before these requests can be granted.
I, the undersigned, hereby grant scholarship donors and their representative(s) access to my academic records on file at El Camino College Compton Center as it pertains to this scholarship application.
I understand that I must maintain 12 units or more per semester to be eligible to receive the scholarship.
In addition, I hereby affirm that the information contained herein is accurate to the best of my knowledge, and I understand that any misrepresentation may lead to the denial, revocation, and/or repayment of any scholarship awarded to me.