APPLY FOR THE 2015-16 FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE PROGRAM
STEPS TO APPLY TO FYE:
Complete the El Camino College Compton Center application: Application for Admission, be sure to select Fall 2015 as the term. Please note applications for Fall 2015 opened on November 1, 2014.
- Participate in orientation to become familiar with the college and its resources. This orientation can be completed online (through MyECC) or in person. Visit the Assessment Center (D26) or the Welcome Center (D27) for orientation dates, times, and to sign-up.
Take the English and Math Assessment Tests: You may take the assessment test at your local high school or the Assessment Center at El Camino College Compton Center (D26). No appointment necessary at Compton Center. To be eligible for the First Year Experience you must qualify for English 1A, English 84/A or be eligible for English 82/B (selected).
You must submit an FYE program application: FYE Program Application Fall 2015
You must attend an Information Session. Please call (310) 900-1600 ext. 2758 or stop by the FYE Office (F19) to sign-up.
Upcoming Information Sessions (PDF) - (None at this moment)
FYE Scholarship for 2015-2016 Academic Year
- Complete the 2015-2016 FYE Program Application as well as the FYE Scholarship Application.
- Type a one page (500 words) personal statement on the following topic:
Address your academic goals and career aspirations. Describe your educational history and achievements, and your involvement in other extracurricular experiences. Be sure to discuss why you believe you should be awarded a scholarship.
- Obtain one letter of recommendation. It might be from a teacher, guidance counselor, community or religious leader, club advisor, or immediate supervisor.
- One copy of recent high school transcripts.
ELIGIBILITY- To be eligible, applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must be attending college for the first time in the Fall 2015 semester
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 units during the academic year at El Camino College Compton Center
- Minimum cumulative High School GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Acceptance into the FYE Program
- Completion of High School or GED (a copy of your HS diploma or GED must be submitted with your application materials)
***The deadline for submission of all scholarship materials is July 30, 2015. Winners will be notified the week of August 14, 2015.
Please call or stop by the FYE office (F19) if you have any questions or to follow-up on the status of your application.
Thank you so much for your interest in the First Year Experience Program.
First Year Experience Program
El Camino College Compton Center
1111 E. Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
310-900-1600, ext. 2761