Complete the El Camino College Compton Center application: Application for Admission. Be sure to select Fall 2017 as the term. Please note applications for Fall 2017 opened on October 1, 2016.
- Participate in New Student Orientation to become familiar with the college and its resources. This orientation can be completed online (through MyECC) or in person. Visit the Assessment Center (D26) or the Welcome Center (D27) for orientation dates, times, and to sign-up.
Take the English and Math Assessment Tests: You may take the assessment test at your local high school or the Assessment Center at El Camino College Compton Center (D26). No appointment is necessary at Compton Center. To be eligible for the First Year Experience program you must qualify for English 1A, English 84/A or be eligible for English 82/B (selected).
You must submit an FYE program application: Please visit the FYE office (F-19) to receive an application.
You must attend an Information Session or schedule an appointment. Please call (310) 900-1600 ext. 2758 or stop by the FYE Office (F19) to sign-up.
- Complete the 2017-2018 FYE Program Application as well as the FYE Scholarship Application.
- Type a one page (500 words) personal statement on the following topic:
- Obtain one letter of recommendation. It might be from a teacher, guidance counselor, community or religious leader, club advisor, or immediate supervisor.
- One copy of recent high school transcripts.