The First Year Experience Program is a learning community developed through linked
classes and a team of instructors and counselors who work together to increase student
success. Students receive a high level of attention from their instructors and counselors
as they collaborate to promote strategies for college success.
By being part of the First Year Experience program students will gain knowledge of how to study and learn in groups; have access to vital campus and college resources; be able to explore a chosen major and create a career plan; interact in a multicultural environment; develop important study skills; and learn how to access and manage electronic information, such as e-mail and Internet.
Become a First Year Experience student and take advantage of these services:
- Early Group Registration
- Bilingual Counselor
- Learning Community Courses
- Strategies for Success in College
- First Year Experience Faculty
- Field Trips/Activities
- Guest Speakers
Apply to the First Year Experience Program NOW!!!
- Complete Compton College application.
- Submit FYE program application.
- Complete level up survey for English and Math placement at the Compton College Admissions
and Records department.
- Schedule an appointment to attend an FYE counseling intake by calling our office at 310-900-1600, ext. 2758