Federal Work Study Program
General InformationThe Federal Work Study Program (FWS) is a federally funded program and is awarded to eligible students through the Financial Aid Office at the ECC Compton Center. The FWS provides students with an opportunity to work on or off campus and earn money to supplement expenses not covered by grants. To apply and participate in the FWS program, a student must enroll at least half time (6 units) during the fall and spring semesters.
The Compton Center Financial Aid office receives a limited amount of FWS funds and eligible students are awarded on a first come-first-serve basis. Receiving a FWS award does not guarantee employment. Students are responsible to follow the appropriate steps to secure employment.
Eligible students may apply for employment to work on or off campus through the FWS program. Complete the following steps to obtain student employment at the El Camino College Compton Center:
- Complete your 2013/2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit ALL requested information to the Compton Financial Aid Office.
- Meet ALL requirements for federal student aid.
- Wait to receive a 2013/2014 award letter.
- Complete a FWS Job Request Form (MUST have a 2013/2014 award letter).
- Follow the instructions on the Job Request Form
Managers, faculty, and staff may hire approved FWS students to work within their division/department. If you are interested in hiring a student employee, then review and follow these steps.
- Download, review and follow the Supervisor's Instructions
- Complete the Student Employee Request Form
- Download and complete a Student Payroll Authorization for the student or students you wish to hire.
For more information please contact: