Header Image
Compton College / Student Services / Financial Aid / Application Process

Application Process

Steps to Applying for Financial Aid

Collect financial related documents for the student and his/her parents if applicable (e.g., tax returns, payroll stubs, bank account statements, etc.) to facilitate the completion of the FAFSA. To learn about the documents you may need to reference, please visit the FAFSA website at www.fafsa.ed.gov

Apply by submitting the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov  The FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible. The FAFSA application is NOW AVAILABLE  starting October 1, The California priority deadline for submission of the FAFSA is March 2, 2018. Compton College School code is 001188

California Residents Only: If you wish to be considered for a Cal Grant, please check with the El Camino College Compton Center Financial Aid Office for details. Please note that a FAFSA needs to be submitted in order to be considered for a Cal Grant. The deadline for submission of the FAFSA is March 2, 2018.

Once you have submitted the FASFA, a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to you electronically if you provided an email address on the FAFSA, or via U.S. mail if you did not provide an email address on the FAFSA. Once you receive the SAR, please review it carefully to ensure that all of the information on the report is accurate. If corrections or updates need to be made, please login into the FAFSA website or send the updated SAR via U.S. mail to the address listed on the SAR.

Log in to your El Camino College issued email account (MyECC). All communication from the El Camino College Financial Aid Office will be sent to you via email or posted on your MyECC account. For example, your estimated award letter* will include information about your eligibility for federal and state financial aid, the awards (BOG, Cal Grant, Pell, SEOG, Work Study, etc) and dollar amounts awarded to you. *An award letter is based on full time (12 units) enrollment and subject to change based on academic eligibility and availability of federal funds.

Once you have been awarded a Pell grant, we will send your information to Higher One and request an ECC Debit Card on your behalf. The debit card will be mailed to your address on record in the Admissions & Records Office so make sure we have your current address.  You may update your address online in your MyECC or in person at the Admissions & Records Office.  When you receive your ECC Higher One Debit Card, go online and select a refund preference. Only Pell and Supplemental Education Opportunities Grant will be disbursed via ECC Higher One Debit Card. For more information, visit www.eccdebitcard.com 

Back to top