How to Enroll into the EOPS/CARE Program
1. APPLY : Complete an application for Compton College by clicking the link. Toward the middle of the page you will see "Begin Application..." Simply follow the instructions from there. It will take two days for your application to be processed and you will receive a confirmation email. Please note: Compton College has gone paperless and all correspondence is done online through MyECC.
2. TEST: Take your Math & English Assessment Tests in the Assessment Center in D-29. You must bring a picture ID and blue/black pen or No.2 pencil with you. No children are allowed in the testing office!
3. ENROLL: You will receive an enrollment date and time from the admissions office through MyECC. Please be sure to enroll as soon as possible to ensure that you get your classes that you need. Only enroll after speaking with a counselor to ensure that you enroll in the correct classes.
4. FEE WAIVER: Apply for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver) and if you qualify it will make your tuition FREE. You can click here for the English version or here for the Spanish version. Submit forms to the Financial Aid Office in Room E-17.
5. FAFSA: Apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA is financial aid offered to all individuals interested in attending college. These funds help pay for costs associated with attending school.
6. Apply for EOPS: Print out the New Student EOPS Application. Please read the application very carefully and be sure to bring in all required documents. You will need to turn in copies of your unofficial transcripts from any other colleges attended. Paper applications are available in the EOPS office.
For CARE: Please read the application check off list and submit copies of verification of income and your youngest child's birth certificate. Submit completed application and all applicable documents to the EOPS Office in Building U-6.