How to Enroll into the EOPS/CARE Program
1. APPLY : Complete an application for the ECC Compton Center online at www.compton.edu. Go to the top left corner of the page and click â€œApply Online.â€ The directions will follow. It will take two days for your application to be processed and you will receive a confirmation email. Please note: El Camino College Compton Center has gone paperless and all correspondence is done online through MyECC.
2. TEST: Take your Math & English Assessment Tests in the Assesment Center in D-29. You must bring a picture ID and blue/black pen or No.2 pencil with you. No children are allowed in the testing office!
3. ENROLL: You will receive an enrollment date and time from the admissions office through MyECC. Please be sure to enroll as soon as possible to ensure that you get your classes that you need. Only enroll after speaking with a counselor to ensure that you enroll in the correct classes.
4. FEE WAIVER: Apply for the Board of Governorâ€™s Fee Waiver and if you qualify it will make your tuition FREE. You can go to www.elcamino.edu and go to the Financial Aid page and go to â€œGet Formsâ€ and print out the Fee Waiver. Submit forms to the Financial Aid Office in Room E-17.
5. FAFSA: Apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA is financial aid offered to all individuals interested in attending college. These funds help pay for costs associated with attending school.
6. Apply for EOPS: You can complete the EOPS Application online. Please read the application very carefully and be sure to bring in all required materials. You will receive an email confirmation upon your submission. You will still need to turn in copies of your assessment scores and unofficial transcripts from any other colleges attended. Paper applications are available in the EOPS office.
For CARE: Please read the application check off list and submit copies of verification of income and your youngest child's birth certificate. Submit completed application and all applicable documents to the EOPS Office in Building U-6.