How to Enroll into the EOP&S/CARE Program
1. APPLY : Complete an application for the ECC Compton Center online at www.compton.edu. Go to the top left corner of the page and click â€œApply Online.â€ The directions will follow. It will take two days for your application to be processed and you will receive a confirmation email. Please note: El Camino College Compton Center has gone paperless and all correspondence is done online through MyECC.
2. TEST: Take your Math & English Assessment Tests in the Assesment Center D-26. This test will take 1 Â½ to 2 hours to complete. You must bring a picture ID and pen/pencil with you. You can bypass this step only if you have attended another college and want to transfer units in English or Math. No children are allowed in the testing office!
3. ENROLL: You will receive an enrollment date and time from the admissions office through MyECC. Please be sure to enroll as soon as possible to ensure that you get your classes that you need. Only enroll after speaking with a counselor to ensure that you enroll in the correct classes!
4. FEE WAIVER: Apply for the Board of Governorâ€™s Fee Waiver which will make your tuition FREE. You can go to www.elcamino.edu and go to the Financial Aid page and got to â€œGet Formsâ€ and print out the 2011/12 Fee Waiver and the 2011/12. Submit forms to the Financial Aid Office in Room E-17.
5. FAFSA: Apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA is financial aid offered to all individual s interested in attending college. These funds help pay for costs associated with attending school. Much of this money is free! Apply!
6. Apply for EOP&S: You can download the EOP&S Application HERE. Please read the application check off list and submit complete application along with copies of your assessment scores and unofficial transcripts from any other colleges attended to the EOP&S Office in Building U-6.
7. Submit CARE Application: You can download the CARE Application HERE. Please read the application check off list and submit completed EOP&S and CARE application along with copies of verification of income and your youngest child's birth certificate.