To Add a Class
Students must add the class online before the deadline. Once the semester begins, a student must obtain an add code from the instructor. Students who fail to officially add a course by the deadline will not be added.
How to Add a Class Prior to the Start Date:
1. Log into the MyCompton student portal via www.compton.edu
2. Click on the Student Services tile
3. Under the Self-Service Menu, click on "Registration and Planning"
4. Click on Register for Classes, then select the term
5. Enter the Search Criteria (ex: Psychology)
6. Click "Add." Under the drop down menu, choose Web Registered of Waitlisted (if applicable), then click Submit.
7. Once submitted, you will have successfully registered for the course or been put on the waitlist.
How to Add a Class With an Add Code:
- Obtain an Add Code from the instructor.
- Log into the student portal via www.compton.edu
- Under Self-Service Menu, click on "Registration"
- Click on "Online Add"
- Enter the Add Code provided by the instructor.
- Click on "SUBMIT" button (Please keep the Add Code until enrollment is verified.)
- Once submitted, you will have successfully registered for the course and it will say Web Registered.
Note: If the status says Pending after inputting the add code, remove/drop the course from your schedule, then re-register for the course with the add code.
Classes can only be added with:
- An appointment time
- Appropriate pre-requisites
- Fees and other holds resolved
Classes cannot be added with:
- Time conflicts
- Excessive repeats of the course
- Schedule exceeds the allowable number of units, unless there is overload approval
Questions? Consult the class schedule/catalog, or speak with a counselor.
Before adding, drop the classes you are no longer taking. If you have a time conflict (e.g. a class you are enrolled in overlaps by one minute or more with a course you are trying to add), you will not be able to add the new class. The Add Code only works for one student.
No classes can be added after the deadline! Please see the Academic Calendar for dates and deadlines.