Steps to Register/Matriculation
1. Apply for Admission and Obtain a Student ID Number
- Apply online at www.compton.edu and click on Apply Online.
- Receive a Student ID number via email 48 to 72 hours after submitting your application.
- Check your MyECC account for your appointment date and time.
2. Attend the New Student Orientation
- Purchase a parking decal at a parking kiosk any time you park on campus.
- Sign-up for a New Student Orientation in the Counseling Department, located in the Administration building or call (310) 900-1600, Ext. 2076. At sign-up, students will receive an educational planning guide, a copy of the Steps to Register/Matriculate, and a campus map. At orientation, student will receive a study guide for the assessment test.
- New Student Orientations take place in the Outreach & Relations with Schools classroom (D-27).
3. Take the Assessment Test (English/ESL & Math)
- Prior to taking the assessment test, you must attend a New Student Orientation.
- Bring your Student ID number, a photo ID (i.e. CA DL or High School ID), and your MyECC (http://myecc.elcamino.edu) username and password to the assessment test.
- Assessment Center is located in Room D-26, (310) 900-1600, Ext. 2830.
4. Meet with a Counselor to Develop an Educational Plan
- Meet with a counselor by either scheduling an appointment or dropping in. Counseling Services are provided in the Administration Building. For an appointment call (310) 900-1600, Ext. 2076. Counseling hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- If you are a returning or transfer student, please bring your transcripts or grade report to your meeting with a Counselor.
5. Apply for CalWORKs, CTE, EOP&S/CARE, Financial Aid, Special Resource Center, Transfer Center, or any other program for which you may qualify
- For more information please visit us at www.compton.edu or call us at (310) 900-1600 and the following extensions and locations: CalWORKs (VT-100), Ext. 2272; CTE (VT-138), Ext. 2779; EOPS/CARE (U Building), Ext. 2912; Financial Aid (E-17), Ext. 2935; Special Resource Center (F-10), Ext. 2402; or Transfer Center (D-27), Ext. 2764.
6. Register for Classes
You will need your Student ID number and the last four digits of your social security number (If you choose not to disclose your social security number on the online application, you will be given a temporary social security number).
7. Pay Your Fees or Apply for Financial Aid Prior to the Drop for Non-Payment Deadline
- Pay Online www.compton.edu & click on MyECC or In Person in the Bursars Office (C-36), (310) 900-1600, Ext. 2104; or
- Apply for Financial Aid by submitting your FAFSA application online or in the Financial Aid Office (E-17), (310) 900-1600, Ext. 2935.
8. Obtain your Student ID Card and Student Handbook
- Take a photo ID (i.e. CA DL or High School ID) and your class scheduleto the Student Life Office (R-61), (310) 900-1600, Ext. 2800.
For more information please contact US!
(310) 900-1600 Ext. 2765