Compton College Promise Program
To make a college education more accessible and affordable to all high school students, the Compton College Promise program was established to offer high school graduates from the Compton, Lynwood and Paramount Unified school districts
Through the Compton College Promise, high school graduates who attend Compton College fulltime (12 units) beginning the fall immediately after graduation will have enrollment fees waived for the first year. This means enrollment fees for the fall semester, winter term, spring semester and summer term at Compton College will be paid during that one-year period.
The Compton College Promise includes the following benefits for eligible students:
- Guaranteed admissions to Compton College.
- Assistance with the registration steps necessary for full-time enrollment at Compton College.
- Priority registration at Compton College before graduating from high school for CUSD, LUSD, and PUSD seniors.
- Opportunities to participate in support programs such as the First Year Experience and Extended Opportunity Programs and Services for additional resources to successfully navigate through Compton College and beyond.
- Assistance with the completion of a Financial Fit Plan to help high school graduates access all available financial aid to help pay for college.
- Summer Bridge classes at Compton College for recent high school graduates to assist with college level English and math placement.
The Compton College Promise will begin in fall 2018 for Compton Unified School District (CUSD) graduates. Compton College is in the process of finalizing additional College Promise partnerships with both the Lynwood Unified School District (LUSD) and Paramount Unified School District (PUSD). A full year of enrollment fees at Compton College will be waived for LUSD and PUSD graduates beginning in fall 2019.
Nelly Alvarado, Ed.D.
Director of Enrollment Services
310-900-1600, ext. 2763
More information on the National College Promise Movement.