Welcome to El Camino College Compton Center!
We look forward to helping you reach your academic and career goals. El Camino College Compton Center features excellent academic offerings, affordable fees, small classes, outstanding student services and a great Los Angeles-area location.
Interested in earning an associate degree and transferring to a four-year college or university? Need state-of-the-art technical training for a new career? This is the place to start.
To become an El Camino College Compton Center student, simply follow the Steps to Enrollment listed below. We're here to help along the way!
Steps to Enrollment
Download a step-by-step PDF guide.
- Go online to www.compton.edu, click on "Apply Online."
- New and returning students (those with an absence of a primary term: Fall or Spring Semester; excluding Summer Intersession) must complete an application.
- A Student ID number will be issued and emailed upon completion of the online application.
- A Student ID number is required to complete the Steps to Enrollment.
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges and trade schools attended must be submitted by those schools to the Records Office (Building A). Students applying for Advanced Placement credit must submit official high school transcripts.
- For information on how to submit official transcripts, click here.
- Practice Assessment Tests are available online.
- All new students are required to participate in Orientation to become familiar with the college and its resources.
- Visit the Assessment Center or the Counseling Office for Orientation dates and times, and to sign up.
- New Student Orientations are available Monday - Thursday at 9:00 a.m. and noon, and 5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- New Student Welcome Day occurs every fall. Please check with the Counseling Division for more information. Counseling is located in Building A; 310-900-1600 ext. 2076.
- Assessment & Testing Center: Building D, Room 26; 310-900-1600 ext. 2830.
- Testing must be completed before registering for classes.
- No appointment necessary for English, ESL (Part 1) and math placement tests.
- Available by appointment only: Chemistry, ATB (Ability to Benefit), and ESL (Part 2) tests.
- A Student ID number and a photo ID are required to take the assessment tests.
- For Assessment & Testing Center hours, click here.
- To learn more about counseling and to schedule an appointment, click here.
- Counseling Office: Building A; 310-900-1600 ext. 2076.
- All new students are required to meet with a counselor prior to registration to develop an educational plan.
- Academic counseling is critical to student success.
Register for Classes
- Registration is online and by appointment only and is based on a priority system.
- Registration appointments are available online at MyECC, under WebAdvisor. Register on or after the assigned appointment date/time.
- Registration Priorities information is available online.
- Computers are available for student use in the Welcome Center, Financial Aid, Admissions & Records Office, and Library.
- For assistance, please visit the Welcome Center, D-27.
Pay All Fees
- Pay online! Just go to www.compton.edu and click on MyECC.
- Bursar's Office: Building C, Room 36; 310-900-1600, ext. 2104.
- All fees must be paid by the fee payment deadlines or students will be dropped from all classes.
- For Fee Payment Deadlines, click here.
- For Bursar's Office hours, click here.
- For more information on associate degrees and certificates offered at ECC Compton Center, view the catalog.
- For additional resources, check out the Online Tools!
Stay Connected to ECC Compton Center