SSC Computer Lab
The SSC has a new sophisticated central instructional computer lab which includes state-of-the-art computers connected to our network. The SSC Computer Lab is designated for registered ECC Compton Center students. The computer labs contains 100 personal computer systems, interconnected via a high-speed, Ethernet network, and pay for printing is available. In addition, the computer lab offers a wide array of software including the latest packages MS Office, desktop publishing, and web-based learning modules including PLATO and Rosetta Stone.
A valid MyECC username and password ID are required to use and access any of the computers
in the computer lab. All computers have student network access to pay for print, email,
and the Internet. Instructional Assistants are available to provide any instructional
support to students and faculty during the hours of operation.
SSC Computer Lab Proper Etiquette
- Treat all computer equipment with care.
- Leave all food and drink outside of the SSC building.
- Reserve cell phone use for outside the lab.
- Arrange for childcare while using the lab and SSC services.
- Log-in using your complete name and valid ECC ID number.
- Refrain from altering the network software or data.
- Comply with all proper use requirements, including ethical and legal use of software.
- Always log off and turn off the computer (CPU) when you have finished your session.
Microsoft Training Workshops for: MS Word and MS Excel 2013.
The workshops will focus on offering a basic overview of program functionality. Workshops will be offered every other Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. Please check the Microsoft Training Workshop Schedule for further details.
Please sign up at the SSC Computer Lab or SSC Front Desk to reserve a spot. Minimum number of students required.
Your academic success is our number one priority. Please speak to an SSC staff member for questions or concerns regarding the use of the SSC computer facility.