Interested in Becoming a Tutor?
If you feel you have done well in a class or have mastered a specific subject area AND enjoy helping people come and help your fellow students by becoming a tutor.
- Enrolled in or completion of TUTOR TRAINING 200 (required)
- Minimum of 1 semester of coursework at any college or university
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the discipline with faculty recommendation
- A grade of A or B in the course desired to tutor
- Enrollment in a 2 or 4 years college or university
- Proof of enrollment in at least 6 units and payment required
- Provide individual assistance to assigned students in an established instructional program.
- Utilize prescribed materials and supplies as related to individual student needs.
- Work with students with a variety of different learning styles.
- Adapt to changing needs and interests of assigned students.
- Generate ideas and materials to help students better understand their material.
- Adhere to the SSC Tutorial Services Manual
How to Apply
You must fill out an application (PDF) and have a faculty member complete the recommendation form (PDF). Additionally, your application packet must include a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial), copy of class schedule, and resume (optional). Please submit your completed application packet to Syria Purdom at the Student Success Center in person or by email to: