Interested in Becoming a Tutor?
If you feel you have performed well in a class, or have mastered a specific subject area AND enjoy helping people, we encourage you to support your peers by becoming a tutor!
- Enrolled in or completion of Tutor Training 200 (peer tutor requirement)
- Minimum of 1 semester of coursework at any college or university
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the discipline with faculty recommendation
- A grade of A or B in the course desired to tutor
- Enrollment in a 2 or 4 years college or university (peer tutor requirement)
- Proof of enrollment in at least 6 units and payment required (peer tutor requirement)
- Provide both individual and group assistance to assigned students in an established tutorial program
- Utilize prescribed materials and supplies as related to individual student needs
- Work with students with a variety of different learning styles
- Generate ideas, materials, strategies, and collaborative learning techniques to help students better understand course material
- Adhere to the L-SSC Tutorial Services Manual
How to Apply
You must fill out an application (PDF) and have a faculty member complete the recommendation form (PDF). Additionally, your application packet must include a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial), class schedule, and resume. Please submit your completed application packet to Syria Purdom in the Library- Student Success Center, in person or by email to: