We look forward to seeing you soon!
Compton College remains closed to the public until further notice, but we're here to help in many ways.
- While the majority of student support services remain online, students may make an in-person appointment to utilize the Student Health Center, Enrollment Services in Tartar Village, and the Library-Student Success Center. Walk-in services are available at the Library; and the Bookstore is open for students and employees.
- The majority of classes will remain online for Fall 2021. There will be limited in-person labs and classes on campus. Please refer to the class schedule for details.
- Community members may use the track Monday-Friday, 4:45-7:00 a.m.
- Visit the Compton College COVID-19 webpage for more information.
Please remember to follow these health and safety protocols:
- Only employees, students, construction workers, and approved individuals may enter (and remain) on campus.
- Students, please refer to the Student Information and Communications webpage for Fall 2021 Entry to Campus Protocol.
- Face coverings are required on campus.
Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center, located on the upper floor of the Library - Student Success Center, provides tutoring and academic support services for all registered students attending Compton College. The center strives to provide assistance to both students and instructors in the learning process. Assistance is not limited to any student population or any particular discipline. The activities are designed for instructional support and reinforcement. All tutoring sessions are on a drop-in basis, no appointment is necessary.
The following services are provided:
- Study skills workshops - the list of workshops are usually posted at the beginning of each semester.
- Academic resources - a wide range of software that deals with a variety of subjects are available for use at the LRC for independent study.
- Computer Stations - the computers are available for Internet access, word processing, academic research and printing of assignments.
- Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI) Lab-Students in developmental courses are required to use the computers and educational software to enhance their skills needed for their coursework. The lab is open to all currently-enrolled Compton College students who wish to improve their skills in reading, writing, math or sciences. The CAI Lab is located in Room G-33.
- Math/Science Center
- Writing Center
- Interested in becoming a tutor?
- Application to become a tutor
Hours of operation:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Learning Resource Center
310-900-1600, Ext. 2535