The Learning Resource Center, located on the upper floor of the new Library / Student Success Center, provides tutoring and academic support services for all registered students attending El Camino College Compton Center. The center strives to provide assistance to both students and instructors in the learning process. Assistance is not limited to any student population or any particular discipline. The activities are designed for instructional support and reinforcement. All tutoring sessions are on a drop-in basis, no appointment is necessary.
The following services are provided:
- Study skills workshops - the list of workshops are usually posted at the beginning of each semester.
- Academic resources - a wide range of software that deals with a variety of subjects are available for use at the LRC for independent study.
- Computer Stations - the computers are available for Internet access, word processing, academic research and printing of assignments.
- Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI) Lab-Students in developmental courses are required to use the computers and educational software to enhance their skills needed for their coursework. The lab is open to any El Camino College Compton Center students who wish to improve their skills in reading, writing, math or sciences. The CAI Lab is located in Room G-33.
- Math/Science Center
- Writing Center
- Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Interested in becoming a tutor?
- Application to become a tutor
Tutoring Schedules (Spring 2014)
Hours of operation:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
Student Success Center
(310) 900-1600, Ext. 2535