Downloading (Checking Out) EBSCO eBooks
on a smartphone or tablet
NOTE: These instructions are for Apple iPhones, iPads, or Android-based devices (including Nook and Kindle Fire).
1. Access the EBSCO eBooks database. If you are off-campus or not using campus wi-fi, you will need the EBSCO database password (available by request from the Library).
2. Create a My EBSCOhost account if you do not have one already: (Instructions here)
1. Access the EBSCO eBooks database from your device's web browser. If you are off-campus or not using campus wi-fi, you will need the EBSCO database password (available by request from the Library).
2. Use the search box to look for books by keyword.
3. Click on a book cover.
4. Next. click Download (Offline).
5. Sign-in using your My EBSCOhost account. You only need to sign in once per session.
6, Click Checkout & Download.
6. Click Open in EBSCO eBooks to open the book and start reading. If this is the first time you use the app, you may also need to press Authorize. The eBook will download to your device.
7. EBSCO eBooks currently check out for seven days. Depending on the title/publisher, the book may or may not be available to other readers during the seven day checkout period. After the seven days are up, the book will be marked Expired and be unable to be opened or read anymore. You may return to EBSCO eBooks and check it out again.