Downloading (Checking Out) EBSCO eBooks
on a smartphone or tablet
NOTE: These instructions are for Apple iPhones, iPads, or Android-based devices (including Nook and Kindle Fire).
1. Access the EBSCO eBooks database. (If you are off-campus, or not using campus wi-fi, you will need the EBSCO database password availabile in the Library.)
2. Create a "My EBSCOhost" account, if you do not have one already: (Instructions here)
3. Install and authorize the Adobe BlueFire Reader. (NOTE: the existing EBSCO Ebooks App will stop functioning after May 31st).
1. Access the EBSCO eBook database from your device's web browser. (If you are off-campus, or not using campus wi-fi, you will need the EBSCO database password availabile in the Library.)
2. Use the search box to look for books by keyword.
3. Click on a book cover.
4. Click "Download (Offline).
5. Sign-in using your My EBSCOhost account. (You only need to sign in once per session.)
6, Click "Checkout & Download."
6. Click "Open in EBSCO eBooks" to open the book and start reading (If this is the first time you use the app, you may also need to press "Authorize."). The eBook will download to your device.
7. EBSCO eBooks currently check out for seven days, Depending on the title/publisher, the book may or may not be available to other readers during the 31-day checkout period. After the 31 days are up, the book will be marked "Expired" and be unable to be opened or read anymore. (You may return to EBSCO eBooks and check it out again.)