Downloading (Checking Out) EBSCO eBooks
on a laptop or desktop computer
1. Access the EBSCO eBooks database, using the database password if accessing from off-campus.
2. Create a "My EBSCOhost" account, if you do not have one already. (Instructions)
3. Download and install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. (During installation, you will create an "Adobe ID." Please remember this username and password!)
1. Access the EBSCO sBooks database, using the database password if accessing from off-campus.
2. Sign-in using your My EBSCOhost account.
3. You can either click on one of the displayed book covers, or use the search box to look for books by keyword. (Advanced Search allows searches by author, title, ISBN...)
4. Click "Download This eBook (Offline) in the left-hand column of the screen) On the popup screen, click "Checkout & Download." An .acsm file should download to your browser.
5. Open the file. (You may want to configure your browser to open the file automatically) Adobe Digital Editions should start and display the book you just borrowed. Double click on the book to open and read it.
6. EBSCO eBooks currently check out for seven days, Depending on the title/publisher, the book may not be available to other readers during the seven day checkout period. After the seven days are up, the book will be marked "Expired" and be unable to be opened or read anymore. (You may return to EBSCO eBooks and check it out again.)