Downloading (Checking Out) EBSCO eBooks
on a laptop or desktop computer
1. Access the EBSCO eBooks database using the database password if viewing from off-campus.
2. Create a My EBSCOhost account, if you do not have one already. (Instructions)
3. Download and install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
During installation, you will create an Adobe ID. Please remember this username and password!
1. Access the EBSCO eBooks database. Use the database password if viewing from off-campus.
2. Sign-in using your My EBSCOhost account.
3. Click on either one of the displayed book covers, or use the search box to look for books by keyword. Select the Advanced Search option to search by author, title, and ISBN.
4. Click Download This eBook (Offline) on the left-hand column of the screen. On the popup screen, click Checkout & Download. An .acsm file should download to your browser.
5. Open the file. You may want to configure your browser to open the file automatically. Adobe Digital Editions should start and display the book you just borrowed. Double click on the book to open and read it.
6. EBSCO eBooks currently check out for seven days, Depending on the title/publisher, the book may not be available to other readers during the seven day checkout period. After the seven days are up, the book will be marked Expired and be unable to be opened or read anymore. You may return to EBSCO eBooks and check it out again.