English 1A: Reading and Composition (Online)
(Catalog Description) This course is designed to strengthen the students’ ability to read with understanding and discernment, to discuss assigned readings intelligently, and to write clearly. Emphasis will be on writing essays in which each paragraph relates to a controlling idea, has an introduction and conclusion, and contains primary and secondary support. College-level reading material will be assigned to provide the stimulus for class discussion and writing assignments, including a required research paper. |Top|.
- Login at Canvas on your own schedule (due dates throughout the 16 weeks).
- Q&A Live Chat @ Canvas class website on the first Sunday at 7:00 p.m. for 9357 and 8:00 p.m. for 9360.
- There is a grace period on assignments until the Sunday after the due date, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Spring semester classes start on February 10, 2018.
- Note: Check college email at mail.elcamino.edu OR MyECC one week before classes start for information from the instructor.
- A week before classes start, you can also enter the class website at https://elcamino.instructure.com using your
*(1) MyECC username (Marvin_Brown OR Marvin_Brown1412) and
*(2) MyECC password.
Click here for the class syllabus.
https://elcamino.instructure.com (class website)