English 1A: Reading and Composition (Online)
(Catalog Description) This course is designed to strengthen the students’ ability to read with understanding and discernment, to discuss assigned readings intelligently, and to write clearly. Emphasis will be on writing essays in which each paragraph relates to a controlling idea, has an introduction and conclusion, and contains primary and secondary support. College-level reading material will be assigned to provide the stimulus for class discussion and writing assignments, including a required research paper. |Top|.
Login at Etudes on your own schedule (due dates throughout the 16 weeks).
- Q&A Live Chat @ Etudes class website on the first Sunday at 7:00 p.m. for 9357 and 8:00 p.m. for 9360.
- There is a grace period on assignments until the Sunday after the due date, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Spring semester classes start on January 16, 2016.
- Note: Check college email at mail.elcamino.edu OR MyECC one week before classes start for information from the instructor.
- A week before classes start, you can also enter the class website at http://myetudes.org using your
*(1) MyECC username (Marvin_Brown OR Marvin_Brown1412) and
*(2) birth month and day as password (0129 for January 29).
Click here for the class syllabus.
A computer with internet access and Word software is needed. Study through COURSE MAP or MODULES at the ETUDES class website.
Click here for visual website tour.
htp://myetudes.org/ (class website)
http://myetudes.org/ (class website)
http://www.turnitin.com/ (required plagiarism website)
http://www.mycomplab.com/ (optional free online tutorials)
www.compton.edu/library (free research databases for registered students)
http://www.compton.edu/Academics/distance-ed (online help)