El Camino College Compton Center and the future Compton College will be the leading institution of student learning and success in higher education.
El Camino College Compton Center and the future Compton College is a welcoming environment where the diversity of our students is supported to pursue and attain academic and professional excellence. Compton College promotes solutions to challenges, utilizes the latest techniques for preparing the workforce and provides clear pathways for transfer, completion and lifelong learning.
El Camino College Compton Center and the future Compton College values are grounded on the following principles:
- Student Centeredness in the focus of providing students the opportunities for success.
- Excellence as a premier learning institution recognized for outstanding educational programs, services, and facilities.
- Support and Nurture in providing guidance in a professional and caring environment.
- Dedication in our commitment to our diverse community through partnerships with local K-12 schools, universities, and businesses.
- Innovation in adapting new ideas, methods, and techniques to further student learning and achievement.
- Fiscal Integrity in the transparent and efficient use of financial resources to support student success.
In order to fulfill the mission and make progress toward the vision, El Camino College Compton Center and the future Compton College will focus on the following Strategic Initiatives:
- Objective 1. Tailor degree and certificate programs to meet the needs of our students.
- Objective 2. Educate students about pathways to graduation.
- Objective 3. Enhance student preparation for academic success and completion.
- Objective 4. Provide a student-centered environment that leads to student success.
- Objective 1. Attract and retain traditional students and focus on retaining non-traditional students.
- Objective 2. Minimize the equity gap for access, retention, and graduation rates.
- Objective 3. Identify and provide clear pathways for traditional and non-traditional students tomeet their goals.
- Objective 1. Implement an early alert program to identify and notify students of support services and programs in a timely manner.
- Objective 2. Provide robust distance education course and service offerings.
- Objective 3. Enhance technology for teaching and learning through professional development.
- Objective 1. Increase the number of degrees and certificates awarded in the allied health and technical fields.
- Objective 2. Implement a plan to target outreach of working professionals in healthcare and advanced manufacturing.
- Objective 3. Create collaborative partnerships with industry leaders in the allied health and technical fields.
- Objective 1. Establish faculty-to-faculty partnerships with K-12 feeder schools to better align curriculum between the two segments, and to improve student preparation.
- Objective 2. Continue to develop more career and technical education programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Objective 3. Strengthen the broader needs of the community served by Compton Community College District.