Get around for less with Compton College U-Pass!
Compton College's Fall 2020/Winter 2021 U-Pass is $136.50 - good from August 17, 2020 to February 14, 2021.
The Universal College Student Transit Pass (U-Pass) program upgrades your exiting Compton College student ID card to a transit pass.
To qualify for a U-Pass sticker, you must be currently enrolled at Compton College.
The U-Pass sticker has smart-chip technology and is placed on your Compton College student ID card. It's good for unlimited rides on Metro bus and rail, Culver CityBus, GTrans, LADOT-DASH, Torrance Transit, Long Beach Transit, Montebello Bus Lines, Norwalk Transit, Pasadena Transit, and Santa Monica Big Blue Bus for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021.
Your Compton College U-Pass works like a TAP card; just tap the target each time you board a Metro bus or train.
Loaded Stored Value to ride the other 25 transit systems throughout LA County that accept TAP cards. For a list of transit systems, visit taptogo.net.
What are the benefits of a Metro U-Pass?
- Compton College students who purchase a Metro U-Pass will be able to ride on the Metro, including Metro Express Buses and the Metro Silver Line, as well as the GTrans (Gardena bus lines), Long Beach Transit and Torrance Transit.
- In comparison to a Metro 30-Day Pass with Zones, the Metro U-Pass is 69% cheaper. It is also valid for rides on GTrans, as well as Long Beach and Torrance transit lines, unlike the Metro 30-Day Pass.
- The Metro U-Pass will cover public transportation costs on the Metro, GTrans, and
Long Beach and Torrance transit lines throughout the fall 2020 semester and winter
2021 term, as well as the beginning of spring 2021 semester.
Who is eligible?
- Compton College students enrolled in a minimum of six units for the fall 2020 semester.
When and where can I purchase a Metro U-Pass?
Beginning August 24, 2019, students may go to the Bursar's Office (C-36) to purchase a Fall 2019/Winter 2020 Metro U-Pass.
How do I purchase a Metro U-Pass?
- Obtain a free Compton College Student ID card at the Office of Student Life (R-61).
- Complete the Compton College U-Pass Student Information Form.
- Print or show the form completion screen on your smart device at the Bursar's Office (C-36).
- Log into MyCompton and print or take a screenshot of your class schedule that shows you are enrolled in six or more units (waitlisted classes not included).
- Print or show your class schedule on your smart device to the cashier.
- Purchase the Metro U-Pass from the Bursar's Office. (cash, check, credit cards accepted.)
- Place the Metro U-Pass sticker on your Compton College student ID card.
To renew your Compton College U-Pass:
- Bring your proof of enrollment and pat $136.50 at the Bursar's Office.
- Make sure that the clerk taps your U-Pass sticker on the CPOS machine to ensure activation.
How much does the Metro U-Pass cost?
Metro U-Pass pricing varies depending on date of purchase. See chart below for the prorated price sheet.
Reminder there is an additional $2 sticker fee. Refunds will not be issued.
May I use my financial aid to purchase a Metro U-Pass?
Yes! Once students receive their financial aid disbursement, they may use their funding
to purchase education-related expenses, including transportation costs.
What happens if my Metro U-Pass is lost or stolen?
- Go the Office of Student Life to get a free replacement Student ID card
- Go to the Bursar's Office to get a replacement U-Pass sticker for $2
- The Bursar's Office will deactivate the lost U-Pass sticker
- For more information about the Metro U-Pass at Compton College, contact the Bursar's Office (C-36) 310-900-1600, ext. 2104
- For information about how to use the Metro U-Pass to register for the Metro's Bike Program, visit https://www.metro.net/riding/bikes/.