FEES, TUITION, & REFUNDS
California residents pay only $46 per unit for classes!
The enrollment fee is state mandated. Students concurrently enrolled in high school are not required to pay the enrollment fee.
|$46 per unit|
|Associated Student Body Card (Optional)
The optional fee for the ASB Card funds student activities and services.
Click here for ASB and photo ID information
|Instructional Materials Fee
Certain courses require a nominal fee for materials provided to students during the course of the semester.
Please refer to Schedule of Classes.
|Amount specific to course (may vary)
To determine if an instructional materials fee is required and the amount, refer to the listing of courses in the Schedule of Classes
|Parking Fee (Optional)
Daily permits are available at the yellow permit dispenser machines $3.00 per day.
|Transcript/Verification Fee||First Two Copies - No Charge (in any combination with Verification/Transcript)
Additional Copies - $6 each
Emergency Requests (request in-person only) - $9 each
*No same day processing available.
NONRESIDENT STUDENT FEES
Students who have lived in California less than a year (prior to the first day of instruction) and those who hold certain non-immigrant visas that preclude them from establishing California residency must pay out-of-state tuition and the enrollment fee.
$216 per unit
plus $46 per unit
Enrollment Fee Refunds:
- Students must drop their classes online at MyECC, according to the following schedule: Full semester classes must be dropped by Friday, September 6, 2013. Short-term eight week classes starting in the beginning of the semester must be dropped by Friday, August 30, 2013. Consult the short term calendar for classes that meet less than 16-weeks.
- Refund checks will be mailed before the end of the term.
- If your address has changed, please update the change on MyECC or in the Admissions and Records Office.
Health fee refunds are granted only when:
Students who withdraw from all courses prior to the close of the second week of the term will be eligible for a refund of the Health Services Fee.
Nonresident Tuition Refund:
- If the request is filed before or during the first calendar week of the semester, 100 percent of the tuition will be refunded.
- If the request is filed during the second calendar week, 75 percent will be refunded.
- If the request is filed during the third calendar week, 50 percent will be refunded.
- If the request is filed during the fourth calendar week, 25 percent will be refunded.
- Requests filed for summer sessions and short courses of 9 weeks or less in length will apply to the following schedule:
- 100 percent refund for requests filed before or during the first calendar week
- 50 percent refund for requests filed during the second calendar week
Admission in Error of Nonresident Students:
A nonresident student subject to payment of nonresident fee, who has been admitted to a class or classes in error without payment of fee, shall be excluded from such class or classes upon notification and pending payment of the fee. For the purpose of this rule only, notification consists of oral or written advice from the Admissions Office to the student prior to the end of the sixth week of the semester, session or period of enrollment.
Parking Permit Refunds
To receive a refund for a parking permit, you must return your permit to the Bursarâ€™s
Office (C-36) by the drop deadline.
Refunds for less than $1.00 will not be mailed.
Please note, due to unforeseen circumstances, there has been a delay in the opening of the Molina Health Center at El Camino College Compton Center. The campus health center will not be operational during the fall semester.
IF you have already paid your fees for the fall semester, a refund will be processed and you will be reimbursed the $19 fee. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Questions regarding enrollment fees should be directed to the Bursarâ€™s Office (C-36), 310-900-1600, ext. 2104.