ECC Compton Center Construction Information
As we continue work to improve the grounds and facilities at the ECC Compton Center, there will be some inconveniences along the way. Please note that access to Compton Center will be continually modified as part of the ongoing infrastructure project.
Please view the Compton Center Map for more details.
Parking Lot Closure Notice for 1/31/17 to 2/2/17:
Parking Lot B will be closed January 31 through February 2 to facilitate the delivery
of modular buildings for the Tartar Village and Molina Health Center construction
projects. Parking will be available in all of the other parking lots on campus. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The map below shows the truck delivery path from Artesia Blvd. for the swing space modular buildings. Flagmen will be assisting with traffic safety.
2/16/16: Construction Update
- All main roads are open, with the exception of the South Campus Road 5/16/16-5/20/16.
- Construction continues on the Music Building.
- Lots A, F and H are available for student parking.
- Lots E, F, G and H are available for faculty and staff parking.
- There is visitor parking available west of the Child Development Center.
- Marked handicap parking is available in each of the open parking lots and off the main north/south road outside of the Administration Building.
- Parking permits are required for all campus Parking Lots.
- There is limited access to the east of the Voc Tech Building Shop areas.
Please be careful around the construction areas. It is recommended that students arrive at least 20 minutes early to avoid delays in getting to class.
Courtesy Shuttle Information
A courtesy shuttle will be made available to students, faculty and staff in the evenings, Monday-Saturday, from 5:30 - 10:30 p.m. Please call the campus police at 310-900-1600 x2999, to arrange for pick-up. Please note: the courtesy shuttle operates at ECC Compton Center only; it cannot leave the Center.
Alternative Transportation Suggestions
We are also suggesting that carpooling or the use of public transportation might be viable options for some people. Information about local public transportation can be found online at: www.compton.edu/campusinformation/publictransportation.aspx
Carpooling to ECC Compton Center is a great way to save money and reduce parking hassles. Compton Center currently offers incentives for employees who sign up for the rideshare program. For more info, please contact ECC Parking Services at 310-660-3593, ext. 3983 with any questions.
- The safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is always a primary concern at El Camino College Compton Center.
- In an emergency, contact campus police 24/7 by calling 911 from any pay phone on campus; or by calling 310-900-1600 x2999 from a cell phone.
- Night students and faculty are encouraged to park in the same general area as other faculty or students with night classes in their building; this provides the opportunity for a group of students and faculty to walk to their cars after dark.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity to campus police.
For information regarding these construction projects, please call (310) 660-3100. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to improve the campus.