ECC Compton Center Construction Information
As we continue work to improve the grounds and facilities at the ECC Compton Center, there will be some inconveniences along the way. Please note that access to Compton Center will be continually modified as part of the ongoing infrastructure project.
Please view the Compton Center Map for more details: www.compton.edu/campusinformation/mapresources/CEC_Campus_Map.pdf
Construction Update as of Aug. 26, 2013:
- The road around the Voc Tech Building is now open (as of 7/1/13) with limited access to the MLB Parking Lot and the Voc Tech Building Shop areas. There is no road access beyond the MLB Parking Lot due to ongoing Math/Science Bldg. road construction.
- Beginning Aug. 26, the east Greenleaf Avenue entrance at the north end of Compton Center has reopened.
- Please use the Greenleaf Avenue entrance to access the Child Development Center and Lots E, F, G and H.
- The main north/south road will now be CLOSED in both directions between the Math/Science Building and Greenleaf Avenue - June 10 through October 3
- The Artesia Entrance may be used to access Lot A only
- There is no through traffic between Artesia Boulevard to Greenleaf Avenue
- Parking Lot H is now open (as of July 1, 2013) for staff, faculty and student parking. However, handicap parking will not be available in Lot H at this time.
- *Lot G remains closed to be repaved
- The Alternative Parking Lot will no longer be available beginning June 7
- Marked handicap parking is available in each of the open parking lots
- The parking areas outside the MIS/LRC/Admin Buildings will remain closed
- Parking permits are required for all campus Parking Lots.
- The Main Corridor through the Row Buildings will be closed June 10 - September 12, with west/east access available at Buildings E and F
Please be careful around the construction areas. It is recommended that students arrive at least 20 minutes early to avoid delays in getting to class.
Courtesy Shuttle Information
A courtesy shuttle will be made available to students, faculty and staff in the evenings, Monday-Saturday, from 5:30 - 10:30 p.m. Please call the campus police at 310-660-3100, to arrange for pick-up. Please note: the courtesy shuttle operates at ECC Compton Center only; it cannot leave the Center.
Alternative Transportation Suggestions
We are also suggesting that carpooling or the use of public transportation might be viable options for some people. Information about local public transportation can be found online at: www.compton.edu/campusinformation/publictransportation.aspx
Carpooling to ECC Compton Center is a great way to save money and reduce parking hassles. Compton Center currently offers incentives for employees who sign up for the rideshare program. For more info, please contact ECC Parking Services at 310-660-3593, ext. 3983 with any questions.
The safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is always a primary concern at El Camino College Compton Center.
In an emergency, contact campus police 24/7 by calling 911 from any pay phone on campus; or by calling 310-660-3100 from a cell phone.
Night students and faculty are encouraged to park in the same general area as other faculty or students with night classes in their building; this provides the opportunity for a group of students and faculty to walk to their cars after dark.
Immediately report any suspicious activity to campus police.
For information regarding these construction projects, please call (310) 660-3100. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to improve the campus.