ECC Compton Center Construction Information
As we continue work to improve the grounds and facilities at the ECC Compton Center, there will be some inconveniences along the way. Please note that access to Compton Center will be continually modified as part of the ongoing infrastructure project.
Please view the Compton Center Map for more details: www.compton.edu/campusinformation/mapresources/CEC_Campus_Map.pdf
Construction Update as of May 2, 2013:
- The main north/south road will CLOSE in both directions between the MIS and Parking Lot E from May 6 through October 3
- The road around the Voc Tech Building from the Gym to Lot H remains closed (scheduled to reopen June 5)
- Student Parking Lot E reopened for Staff-only parking May 6
- Parking Lot F reopened for Faculty, Staff and Student parking
- The parking areas outside the MIS/LRC/Admin Buildings continue to be closed
- Parking Lots H and D remain closed
- Marked handicap parking is available in each of the open parking lots
- The Alternative Student Parking Lot next to the track will close June 10
- The Track and Stadium will be temporarily closed between May 30 and June 11, in preparation for the annual Commencement Ceremony to be held June 6 at 5:30 p.m.
Please be careful around the construction areas. It is recommended that you arrive at least 20 minutes early to avoid delays in getting to your classes.
Courtesy Shuttle Information
A courtesy shuttle will be made available to students, faculty and staff in the evenings, Monday-Saturday, from 5:30 - 10:30 p.m. Please call the campus police at 310-660-3100, to arrange for pick-up. Please note: the courtesy shuttle operates at ECC Compton Center only; it cannot leave the Center.
Alternative Transportation Suggestions
We are also suggesting that carpooling or the use of public transportation might be viable options for some people. Information about local public transportation can be found online at: www.compton.edu/campusinformation/publictransportation.aspx
Carpooling to ECC Compton Center is a great way to save money and reduce parking hassles. Compton Center currently offers incentives for employees who sign up for the rideshare program. For more info, please contact ECC Parking Services at 310-660-3593, ext. 3983 with any questions.
The safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is always a primary concern at El Camino College Compton Center.
In an emergency, contact campus police 24/7 by calling 911 from any pay phone on campus; or by calling 310-660-3100 from a cell phone.
Night students and faculty are encouraged to park in the same general area as other faculty or students with night classes in their building; this provides the opportunity for a group of students and faculty to walk to their cars after dark.
Immediately report any suspicious activity to campus police.
For information regarding these construction projects, please call (310) 660-3100. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to improve the campus.