Compton College Construction Information
As we continue work to improve the grounds and facilities at the Compton College, there will be some inconveniences along the way. Please view the Compton College Map for more details.
1/31/19: Construction Fencing Installation Begins January 31, 2019
The construction site for instructional buildings 1 and 2 at the north end of campus will be fenced off beginning January 30, 2019. Equipment staging and parking for construction personnel will be included in the fenced-off construction site.
Pedestrian access, parking, and traffic will be impacted through January 2021 as follows:
- Row G and the west wings of Rows E and F will be demolished. Rows C and D and the east wings of Rows E and F will remain open.
- Pedestrians will be redirected west and east of the construction site. Please see the campus map below for accessible pathways.
- Construction-related traffic will use the west Greenleaf Avenue entrance. Parking Lot F can be accessed from both Greenleaf entrances.
- At the north end of campus, restrooms will be available in the Allied Health Building, Rows C and D, and in the Student Lounge.
Further updates will be provided as work progresses. A groundbreaking for Instructional Building 1 will be held on April 16, 2019 at 3 p.m.
As always, proceed with caution around construction sites, construction parking and staging areas.
For more information regarding this construction project, please call 310-900-1600, ext. 2606.
Courtesy Shuttle Information
A courtesy shuttle will be made available to students, faculty and staff in the evenings, Monday-Saturday, from 5:30 - 10:30 p.m. Please call the campus police at 310-900-1600, ext. 2999, to arrange for pick-up. Please note: the courtesy shuttle operates at Compton College only; it cannot leave the campus.
Alternative Transportation Suggestions
We are also suggesting that carpooling or the use of public transportation might be viable options for some people. Information about local public transportation can be found online at: www.compton.edu/campusinformation/publictransportation.aspx
Carpooling to Compton College is a great way to save money and reduce parking hassles. Compton College currently offers incentives for employees who sign up for the rideshare program. For more info, please contact ECC Parking Services at 310-660-3593, ext. 3983 with any questions.
- The safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is always a primary concern at Compton College.
- In an emergency, contact campus police 24/7 by calling 911 from any pay phone on campus; or by calling 310-900-1600, ext. 2999 from a cell phone.
- Night students and faculty are encouraged to park in the same general area as other faculty or students with night classes in their building; this provides the opportunity for a group of students and faculty to walk to their cars after dark.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity to campus police.
For information regarding these construction projects, please call (310) 660-3100. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to improve the campus.