Compton College Transition
As Compton College completes the process to become an accredited college under the governing authority of the Compton Community College District (CCCD) by summer 2019, please be assured that multiple measures are underway to ensure a smooth transition. We anticipate a seamless continuation of all academic and support programs provided to our students as Compton College becomes a fully independent college, separate from the El Camino Community College District.
As part of the process, we will ask all current Compton College students to submit a release form allowing El Camino College to transfer educational, student and financial aid records to the Admissions and Records Office at Compton College. As of June 7, 2019 at 11:59 p.m., courses for the 2019-2020 school year will be offered under the authority of the CCCD, and all students earning degrees or certificates at Compton College will be issued a Compton College diploma awarded by the Compton Community College District.
Questions about the Compton College transition process? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMUNITY and STUDENT Forums
- July 14, 2018 - Compton CCD Community Forum Presentation
- September 11, 2018 at 1 p.m. - Student Forum (Student Lounge)
- September 18, 2018 at 6 p.m. - Student Forum (Student Lounge)
- October 9, 2018 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. - Student Forums (Student Lounge)
TRANSITION-RELATED COMMUNICATIONS and DOCUMENTATION
- FCMAT May 16, 2017 Fiscal Letter to Compton CCCD
- Compton CCCD Recovery Budget
- Letter to CCC Chancellor Oakley re: Resolution 10-16-2018A (PDF)