Accreditation Steering Committee
Under the leadership of the Compton Community College District CEO, the El Camino College Vice President, Compton Center, and Compton Center's Faculty Council President, the Accreditation Steering Committee (ASC) is comprised of faculty, students, classified staff and administrators. The ASC has five subcommittees that will assess and respond to the ACCJC's 21 eligibility criteria for accreditation. ASC subcommittee members are also responsible for gathering relevant evidence demonstrating that Compton Center meets each one of the criteria before applying for accreditation.
Statement of Purpose
To coordinate the El Camino College Compton Center accreditation activities The Steering Committee will be composed of the Provost/CEO, Accreditation Liaison Officer, El Camino College Vice Presidents, standard team leaders, a representative from Institutional Research and Planning, and other interested individuals.
Accreditation Sub-Committees and Chairs
- Interim Chief Executive Officer, Keith Curry, Chair
- Coordinator of Student Learning Outcomes, Chelvi Subramaniam, Chair
- Vice-President, Student & Community Advancement, Jeanie Nishime, Co-chair
- Interim Dean of Student Services, Valarie O'Guynn, Co-chair
- Vice-President, Administrative Services, JoAnn Higdon, Co-chair
- Chief Business Officer, Felipe Lopez, Co-chair
- Vice President, Compton Center, Barbara Perez, Chair
Meeting Dates and Location
Generally, the committee will meet the second Wednesday of every other month from 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m. in the Board Room. Scheduled for every other month by Steering Committee co-chairs.
Agenda & Minutes